A & C pillars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A & C pillars

the fabric on my A & C pillars is releasing and looks bad. anybody simply going without fabric?

I am right now, but the passenger A-pillar has glue residue visible. Gonna re-cover it one of these days.

Comment

They're $100 each off ECS.

I just replaced mine.
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I used contact cement to reattach the fabric.
        It worked well for the A and B pillars.
        The C pillars was meh. The fabric was also separating in the middle of the piece, which gave it a lumpy appearance. I probably should have pulled more of the fabric away to get to that area. I might go back and fix it, but track car so I don't care that much.

If you decide to repair it, my suggestion is to apply a very thin layer of cement, and only to the plastic part (instructions say apply to both sides). If you put too much, it will soak through the thin fabric and be visible.
        Give it about 5 minutes to get tacky, then push the fabric down.
        This is much easier to do if the fabric is still partially attached. It will be difficult to align the fabric correctly if it is completely torn off.

Worst case scenario you can buy new pieces if it turns out poorly. The downside with new pieces is the color match can be off by quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
          They're $100 each off ECS.

I just replaced mine.
          Drop that link

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post

Drop that link

Looks like they went up 30 bucks since I bought mine.

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
            2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

And the C pillars are $270 a piece....

The C pillars are a bitch to recover due to the curves, but A- and B- pillars are much more simple.

Comment

Damn, I don't remember paying that much for my C pillars, but I did those when I first bought the car so I don't even remember where I got them.
                2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

And the C pillars are $270 a piece....

The C pillars are a bitch to recover due to the curves, but A- and B- pillars are much more simple.
                  They are $130 each.

Comment

Ahh yes I was looking at the "kit".

Comment

Gotta love the A Pillar strips being 61.5% of the cost of the A Pillar itself lol.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Was thinking of removing the a and c pillar fabric and running naked. Anyone have photos what it looks like?

Comment

They're easy to fix. You just use some 3M fabric spray glue and they'll be as good as new.

Originally posted by Sylverlee View Post
                          Was thinking of removing the a and c pillar fabric and running naked. Anyone have photos what it looks like?
                          It's just ugly yellow plastic under them...if that's the look you're going for...
                          E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                            They're easy to fix. You just use some 3M fabric spray glue and they'll be as good as new.

It's just ugly yellow plastic under them...if that's the look you're going for...
                            If you peel off the outer fabric that usually tends to fall off, what's left is the black felt backing. It can look ok, but can be blotchy depending on how much glue they used.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

If you peel off the outer fabric that usually tends to fall off, what's left is the black felt backing. It can look ok, but can be blotchy depending on how much glue they used.
                              Oh, interesting. When mine fell apart all that was left under was the yellow/white plastic.
                              E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                              Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X