AutoSolutions SSK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoSolutions SSK

Im going to purchase a auto solutions SSK and was wondering what height you guys would recommend.

Talking with the owner and he said he could make it to any spec I wanted and thought I would reach out to see has worked with the community before placing my order.

Also wondering if anyone has feedback on the Autocross Madman.

TIA

I kept mine at stock height and using the OEM broomstick (albeit the weighted, non-illuminated variant). As I was doing my research for the AS SSK, I read quite a few instances of folks finding the SSK too notchy with the ZHP knob so I just stuck with broomstick height. I also got the Autocross, I got mine with 35% reduction and am super happy with it. Feels more mechanical, a lot like the a BRZ/86 shifter but with shorter throws and definitely a huge improvement; no more vague and rubbery shift feel. Would highly recommend using it with OEM Pentosin transmission fluid.

here’s an after and before: https://www.instagram.com/p/CtzGzYdx1e-/
    Last edited by gaiakai; 10-31-2023, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the video. Would love to see what his 20% throw looks like.

I’ll be using this car as a track car and spirited driver on nice days so I’m trying to figure out what I would like.

I want a purpose built car and would like to retain some of the classic comfort bmw has with these cars. I hope that makes sense!

Comment

i asked for a 20% kit with 1" taller height than what he normally offers. he did some calculations and gave me something he said was close with good geometry. comparing it to the OE shifter with broomstick, it appears to be slightly taller.

word of warning though, this setup with a F10 illuminated knob the leather shift boot is just barely not enough to cover the stock shifter base frame taken from the broomstick. there's maybe a 1cm gap on the lower left corner that will show up as a gap. i've yet to figure out a solution outside of custom upholstery

Comment

I have the auto cross 25% reduction/13mm lower with zhp knob. It is super smooth, zero slop at all, and 10/10 best shifter I have ever had on a bmw. I can take a video of throw distance to post up.

Your best bet though is to call Ronald and speak to him. He puts his heart and soul into making each of the shifters work specifically how you ask him to make it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SFD87 View Post
            Thanks for the video. Would love to see what his 20% throw looks like.

I’ll be using this car as a track car and spirited driver on nice days so I’m trying to figure out what I would like.

I want a purpose built car and would like to retain some of the classic comfort bmw has with these cars. I hope that makes sense!
            The video on the Autosolutions homepage is of a 25% throw, though I don't know how big of a difference 5% would be

Comment

I have their 20% reduction kit with oem weight zhp shift knob. Beautiful mechanical feel & zero slop albeit a bit notchy. But I like the notchy feeling

Comment

I would get 0% if possible. I believe mine is 18%. It's an insane piece of kit for sure.
                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

i have the 25% autocross edition and I love it. One of my other cars had the 20% autocross edition. Definitely prefer the 25%

Comment

I have a 35% stock height kit in my M5, 40% stock height kit in my S3R, and a 45% stock height kit in my 04.

For an AX kit, I've shifted a 25% stock height kit and it felt better than my 35% because it's easier to get between the gates aka less effort.
                    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                    2005 BMW ///M3
                    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Love all these responses gents!

Im going to order the AX kit with 25% with adjusted height of +14mm.

Comment

Not to ruin the party, but last week I spoke with Ronald and he's about to close up for a few months and said any new orders wouldn't be made until February.

Comment

Has anyone compared the AX shifter to UUC and/or Rogue SSKs?

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
                            Has anyone compared the AX shifter to UUC and/or Rogue SSKs?
                            I had the rogue octane in my car for 1k miles and would not recommend it at all. Overall I just did not have a good experience with it.

The amount of slop that shifter had was insane. Not to mention the factory shift knob wouldn’t click onto the shift lever and when you tried to put the shift knob on with the normal smack down the rogue pivot ball would pop out of place because the retaining ring grooves that held it in place to the lever weren’t machined correctly. I did notice that rogue has since revised the design of how the pivot ball is held to the lever since I complained about it though.

Comment

Got one with a 26% reduction and F10 illuminated knob.. loving it! Night and day

Comment

Working...
                              X