No announcement yet.

AutoSolutions SSK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an AS 30% in my last e46, and a uuc evo in my current (prior owner installed). While I prefer the AS, the UUC has been good enough to keep me from replacing it.

Comment

Thank you guys for this info. My SMG is deteriorating quickly (pretty sure it's the position sensor, $800 for a new part) so I'm planning the parts list for a manual conversion. Sounds like Auto Solutions is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
        Thank you guys for this info. My SMG is deteriorating quickly (pretty sure it's the position sensor, $800 for a new part) so I'm planning the parts list for a manual conversion. Sounds like Auto Solutions is the way to go.
        If you need help converting, Kaiv in San Diego can do it properly. Seen a few conversions of his and they are as good as factory.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
          Has anyone compared the AX shifter to UUC and/or Rogue SSKs?
          I drove one with a UUC. Don't recommend it at all. Felt very poor in quality.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWE46M3 View Post
            Not to ruin the party, but last week I spoke with Ronald and he's about to close up for a few months and said any new orders wouldn't be made until February.
            I spoke to him yesterday and he said he'll be back Jan 1 and will start making kits again.

Comment

How difficult is it to install this? I know some SSK are a PITA while some aren’t so bad.

Comment

I gotta get one of these...maybe when it's clutch time. I have the Dinan SSK w/Turner delrin carrier bushings and it's "better" than stock, but still rubbery and sloppy. I don't need race car quick shifting, but it definitely needs improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerfang View Post
                  How difficult is it to install this? I know some SSK are a PITA while some aren’t so bad.
                  The kit is not that difficult to install as long as you know the trick to getting the front carrier poly bushing with its brass sleeve to line up perfectly in order to insert the stock carrier pin. You need to fit a bolt in there that is slightly smaller in diameter to the carrier pin to get it aligned first; otherwise, you will struggle for hours or days trying to get the stock pin through without aligning it first. The alignment between the carrier bushing and the pin needs to be 99.9999999999% perfect before the pin will go all the way through the carrier bushing and the mount on the transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

The kit is not that difficult to install as long as you know the trick to getting the front carrier poly bushing with its brass sleeve to line up perfectly in order to insert the stock carrier pin. You need to fit a bolt in there that is slightly smaller in diameter to the carrier pin to get it aligned first; otherwise, you will struggle for hours or days trying to get the stock pin through without aligning it first. The alignment between the carrier bushing and the pin needs to be 99.9999999999% perfect before the pin will go all the way through the carrier bushing and the mount on the transmission.
                    And I chamfer my pin (inserting end) a little more to help further.
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

OG Mad Russian post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I cannot believe his site is still up. "coming soon..." lol.
                        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

It's possible to DIY with the Madrussian DIY but it's not a fun one.

Especially if you're on jackstands like I was, uhhh 11 years ago holy hell lol
                          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 BMW ///M3
                          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix///M3 View Post
                            That's a great blast from the past. We should archive that page just to keep around. Spent a ton of time browsing that (and the OG M3Forum) before I bought my car to really wrap my head around what I was getting into.

Edit: Oh nice, looks like wayback machine beat me to it. No need to worry now

m3.madrussian.net is the ultimate enthusiast web site for BMW E46 M3 owners and those considering purchase. We are dedicated to the E46 M3 and feature technical information, FAQ's, forums, galleries, DIY pages, product reviews, links and much much more.
                            Last edited by heinzboehmer; 07-10-2024, 01:37 PM.
                            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Madrussian, royal purple and angel eyes... ahh the old days
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

I cannot believe his site is still up. "coming soon..." lol.
                                Fun fact, Mike is my homie from back in the day. He met me up once when he was in LA in the mid 2000s and we had brunch at le petit in sunset plaza. It was the coldest day of the year (about mid 50s daytime high) and dude was wearing shorts and a tee saying how nice it was while I was probably wearing a chunky cardigan or jacket on the patio.
                                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                                X