Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K&N Intake vs Eventuri - Sound Difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the Eventuri is fine. I mean don't get the Turner box-go find the extensive thread that followed its release. It had lots of problems. Turner (ECS) should be avoided when possible. Get a Karbonius box or one of the other reputable brands.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
      I'm sure the Eventuri is fine. I mean don't get the Turner box-go find the extensive thread that followed its release. It had lots of problems. Turner (ECS) should be avoided when possible. Get a Karbonius box or one of the other reputable brands.
      Ok, got it. I've used ECS in the past and never had any issues with them, but I've been reading horror stories. I'll look into the Karbonius box. I think IND sells it and I trust them =)

Comment

See, this thread is a perfect example of how you can only take what you read with a grain of salt. Everyone's opinion is different, and what does 55% or 33% or 66% on a forum post even translate to IRL?

I have ridden in a couple track cars that have air boxes of different kinds. But also those cars each have different exhausts, and different amounts of interior removed or in place, hence the confusion.

I do think there are plenty of people in LA who have street cars with full (or mostly full) interior who would gladly take you for a spin in their car if you ask nicely. And afterwards, you'll probably want to spend a few thousand bucks on new parts and tuning. Because the one thing pretty much everyone agrees on is, the air box sound is sweet as hell. But it's not a cheap proposition. And you need proper tuning to make the car run right, not to mention supporting mods to actually make power. Just look at how many drivability threads there are relating to air boxes and tuning issues, it's not so cut and dried.
        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

You can uninstall and install it yourself for free. It's really easy.

The Eventuri is about 55% as loud as the CSL airbox, sounds amazing honestly. For 1/4 the price of the CSL airbox and way less hassle, it's worth it.

I agree with you. I have the CSL intake on my car (with a stock muffler) and it sounds UNGODLY, but it's a costly commitment. The box itself, all of the ancillary components, DME upgrade, CSL software flash, MAP sensor...

A friend of mine went with Eventuri and had everything done in about an hour. Eventuri is a huge upgrade over stock. It's about half as loud as the CSL intake, but it's still way louder than what you have now. for 25% of the cost. I went CSL intake because I plan to keep this car long term, and figured I would regret not biting the bullet....but personally, I wouldn't want to have to un-CSL my car every couple years for CARB.

As for OP's question of Eventuri vs K&N....yes, Eventuri is significantly louder than K&N.

Comment

Im greatly debating if i want to get Kabornious OEM Style carbon box. The cost of that + this eventuri is pretty much the same as full CSL swap in price, but then i don't have to mess with tunes on the DME and wiring every 2 years.
            I do need to swap the intake back to stock though, but not as much stuff as the CSL.

but need to get my RACP reinforced first before even think about that lol

Im close to LA if OP wants to come down to OC and hear Eventuri intake on a stock M3.
            Last edited by elrichmeister; 11-17-2023, 12:09 PM.

Comment

If you are looking to get an intake strictly for sounds, I would suggest this one:

Ultra-lightweight Carbon Fiber Infused high-flow, high-volume intake for the E46 M3 (CSL-like sound) Utilizing a near-exponential horn shape to transition from the MAF diameter to the 6" intake pod, this intake maximizes the amplification of engine sound while minimizing weight. Compared to a Borla exhaust, this setup

This guy did a bunch of prototypes based on Horn-Theory and this was his final product. To give a real life example, I had the GruppeM replica for a long time, but wanted something that had more intake noise. This fit the bill and costs so little compared to something like an Eventuri. In terms of power, I don't see much difference, but the induction sounds makes it worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Andratch View Post

I agree with you. I have the CSL intake on my car (with a stock muffler) and it sounds UNGODLY, but it's a costly commitment. The box itself, all of the ancillary components, DME upgrade, CSL software flash, MAP sensor...

A friend of mine went with Eventuri and had everything done in about an hour. Eventuri is a huge upgrade over stock. It's about half as loud as the CSL intake, but it's still way louder than what you have now. for 25% of the cost. I went CSL intake because I plan to keep this car long term, and figured I would regret not biting the bullet....but personally, I wouldn't want to have to un-CSL my car every couple years for CARB.

As for OP's question of Eventuri vs K&N....yes, Eventuri is significantly louder than K&N.
                Thanks for this! Appreciate the feedback.

i really wonder what the California guys do when they have the csl box and then have to smog.

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post
                  Im greatly debating if i want to get Kabornious OEM Style carbon box. The cost of that + this eventuri is pretty much the same as full CSL swap in price, but then i don't have to mess with tunes on the DME and wiring every 2 years.
                  I do need to swap the intake back to stock though, but not as much stuff as the CSL.

Im close to LA if OP wants to come down to OC and hear Eventuri intake on a stock M3.
                  From my research I thought the OEM style box was only a limited production run and they don’t have any more? Also I read that the intake kept slipping off?

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post

Thanks for this! Appreciate the feedback.

i really wonder what the California guys do when they have the csl box and then have to smog.
                    Have my car registered smog exempt and/or pay a few hundred bucks for a special smog.
                    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post

Ok, got it. I've used ECS in the past and never had any issues with them, but I've been reading horror stories. I'll look into the Karbonius box. I think IND sells it and I trust them =)
                      Last time I checked, ECS had the best pricing on Karbonius CSL airboxes, and they were cheaper than the inferior Turner airbox. Go for the Karb Race airbox (integrated snorkel), and use the savings towards an HTE tune, dyno time, and parts you’ll need to complete the install.

Also, I’ve run AFE, Eventuri, and Karb CSL airboxes. Induction noise with AFE is a little louder and deeper. Eventuri turns that up a couple of notches, giving you a louder and deeper growl..just a small hint of what you’ve heard in CSL airbox vids. CSL airbox is the way you should go if you have the funds. It’s a visceral experience.
                      Last edited by SQ13; 11-17-2023, 11:58 PM.
                      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Have my car registered smog exempt and/or pay a few hundred bucks for a special smog.
                        Interesting. I just read that a vehicle in SD is not required to have a smog check. Lucky you!

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post

This is the setup I currently have.

https://youtube.com/shorts/aQZkC4ojc...nR0DtHBYfkm8CQ
                          Last edited by JDMaflac; 11-18-2023, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMaflac View Post

This is the setup I currently have.

https://youtube.com/shorts/aQZkC4ojc...nR0DtHBYfkm8CQ
                            Nice!

A little off topic, but any issues with the Intake tube slipping off like it was reported on the M-Coupes? Is the intake very noticeable compared to the stock plenum?

Comment

I just ran across this video, because “AI” is just code for “your devices have been listening and talking to each other all along.”

Jokes

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                                I just ran across this video, because “AI” is just code for “your devices have been listening and talking to each other all along.”

Jokes

maw
                                Yea, saw this video thus prompting my initial research. haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X