Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K&N Intake vs Eventuri - Sound Difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This seems to be basically the Eventuri cone theory without the carbon fiber (which I don’t care for anyway)… I might give it a whirl after my HTE tune… then I can compare this to the K&N the car already has (always had it so IDK what stock sounds like). I do like the Eventuri air scoop though I wonder how that’s gonna work in wet SoFL.

maw
    Last edited by maw1124; 11-20-2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
      Yea, saw this video thus prompting my initial research. haha.
      Funny, the Eventuri sounds like my car (K&N) but maybe a *little* deeper. Interesting. I feel a rabbit hole coming. Of course I’m in a vert and I don’t have smog to deal with, so there’s that.

maw

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

Funny, the Eventuri sounds like my car (K&N) but maybe a *little* deeper. Interesting. I feel a rabbit hole coming. Of course I’m in a vert and I don’t have smog to deal with, so there’s that.

maw
        You and I are in the same position! I have a vert with a KandN system but unfortunately I have to smog my car every two years.

Comment

Interesting. I just read that a vehicle in SD is not required to have a smog check. Lucky you!
          Mmmmm I don't think that's the full story. There are smog exempt counties in California but I feel like we would all "live" in San Diego if it were that easy.

Here's a list of counties where smog checks are not required. But the subject is hazy because no one wants to share too much online which TBH, is understandable.

http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post

Nice!

A little off topic, but any issues with the Intake tube slipping off like it was reported on the M-Coupes? Is the intake very noticeable compared to the stock plenum?
            I personally did not have that issue with mine but the current version includes this lip for the clamp to hold down on. In terms of the Karb OEM box, its much more of a deeper bellow that starts at 3.5-4k rpm and is very prominent especially in 3rd and 4th gear. It does give IMO, the CSL "wurble" noise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	155
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	243043

Comment

Originally posted by JDMaflac View Post

I personally did not have that issue with mine but the current version includes this lip for the clamp to hold down on. In terms of the Karb OEM box, its much more of a deeper bellow that starts at 3.5-4k rpm and is very prominent especially in 3rd and 4th gear. It does give IMO, the CSL "wurble" noise.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	155
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	243043
              Nice, was this lip the 3d printed part that they sent out to owners after they got the original production run? You were supposed to glue it on right? Do you know if the newest iterations have this already installed from the factory?

Lastly, would this pass CA smog? I guess from a visual standpoint no, right?

Comment

Nice, was this lip the 3d printed part that they sent out to owners after they got the original production run? You were supposed to glue it on right? Do you know if the newest iterations have this already installed from the factory?

Lastly, would this pass CA smog? I guess from a visual standpoint no, right?
                Correct, my original production run box didn't have the additional lip but I noticed mine had a leak around the corners (smoke test). Karbonius was gracious enough to inspect my old one and sent me an entire new box WHICH had the lip already installed/epoxied on.

Comment

I’m in the same boat in CA. Smog is such a pain! Cost is a high barrier to overcome with the carbon box and the alpha N tune 😭

Comment

Working...
                  X