E46 M3 with a V10 On the Nürburgring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 with a V10 On the Nürburgring

For all you guys who only want it for the sound (not for all that extra go juice).

3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Fucking insane. The S85 in a well built E46 M3 is just nuts in every single way.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

The soouunnnnddddssssssss
      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Seems like some of Misha's best content is when an E46 makes an appearance. Would like to see him drive more manual M3's but understand it's a different climate out there with CSL's available.
        /// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

265 doesn't seem like near enough tire for the rear of that thing.

pretty wild car. upshifts landing at 7k rpm is neat.

Comment

For a car that is setup so well, there is a lot of rubbing going on with that wheel and tire package

On these S85 and S65 swaps, there is always some compromise with the steering. It is a bit of a deal breaker IMO. Plus the CSL intake noise of the S54 sounds better than the S65 or S85. Hard to beat one half of a S70/2.

Comment

yeah, I think the praise for the car "working" was on a relative scale compared to other wild builds.

At times he looked pretty busy to control the car, but I also don't think he would have been hustling that hard if it was truly dicey to drive. Just to get all of the systems to work as well as they are is a major achievement.

Comment

The Evolve video with captain_gaskrank's (who's S54 car was pretty legendary at the ring) S65 E46 ring tool is a bit better fit and finish and more in line with the chassis, engine is farther back etc etc. Overall this is a great build but with obvious compromises. Doesn't make it any less cool, the accel is wild, the dct needs a bit more work the downshifts are what ruins the experience a bit.
                2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Thing's pretty sick!

I think some people forget that builds like this are more like, a portfolio piece for the builder, and not necessarily supposed to be the perfect ultimate balanced car. That being said, I do think it's extremely cool and nice, and I think also the compromises they made make sense.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

This build is great. Finally a swap with a properly placed engine. I guess the additional cost for a dry sump deters most other people from going that route.
                    But the results speak for themselves, absolutely amazing work.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Car is walking past everything it sees on the track. Tires seemed to do better once they got some heat in them, but I agree something 275 would probably help. I wonder what they did for the diff and exhaust. Weirdly enough, I like the S54 sound better too. Always have. And given that I'm a V8 guy at heart, I find that strange, how this little chainsaw running up the middle of the E46M chassis has grown on me. Downshifts are a bummer though.

maw
                      Last edited by maw1124; 11-19-2023, 01:09 PM.

Comment

I want to know what did they do to the diff subframe mounting to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
                          For a car that is setup so well, there is a lot of rubbing going on with that wheel and tire package

On these S85 and S65 swaps, there is always some compromise with the steering. It is a bit of a deal breaker IMO. Plus the CSL intake noise of the S54 sounds better than the S65 or S85. Hard to beat one half of a S70/2.
                          I think a stock S65 sounds just as good if not better than a CSL...at both ends.

On the steering, same here. Wouldn't a dry sump pan help with stay somewhat closer to the stock steering geometry?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

I think a stock S65 sounds just as good if not better than a CSL...at both ends.

On the steering, same here. Wouldn't a dry sump pan help with stay somewhat closer to the stock steering geometry?
                            Agreed s65 noises triumph the s54. Don't get me wrong e46 is my favorite chassis but a 6 cylinder will never sound as good as a v8. There is a reason im on my sixth exhaust setup on my s54 lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

I have heard that S85 swaps can work with stock headers and dry sump, but I have not seen it in person.

I know on S65 it's either custom steering or custom headers to make it work. Still, it makes no sense to do a S65 swap without dry sump imo.
                              The engine sits so far in front you can look straight down on your tranny from the engine bay. So you are giving away the biggest advantage of swapping in a shorter engine - more rear weight bias.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X