Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it sounds pretty good actually.

Couple questions -

When you say it touched the diffuser and you had to trim it... was that touching on the side, or the top?

What had to be modified on the supersprint section 2? You actually had to cut it??
    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
      I think it sounds pretty good actually.

Couple questions -

When you say it touched the diffuser and you had to trim it... was that touching on the side, or the top?

What had to be modified on the supersprint section 2? You actually had to cut it??
      On the inner sides. Top clearance and outer sides are both good despite the 3" tips. There is a bit of lip behind that part of the diffuser that needed to be trimmed in order for the tips not to rub. At least it won't be visible. There is space between the tips and the outer sides so if the tips were spaced the tips outwards maybe 1mm, they possibly would have cleared it. Here's a picture showing how close it .
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	246331

I never tried to fit the section 2 with any other muffler for comparison if it was a problem with the section 2 itself rather than the muffler, but about an inch off the longer exit needed to be chopped off in this picture.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image0 (1).jpg
Views:	225
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	246332

Comment

Thanks for that.

I have the Supersprint 63.5 full exhaust going back to a Dinan muffler, but I've always wanted to run something a bit louder. The valvetronic was on my radar, but there's too many sacrifices to be made.

I wish someone made a quality 2.5" titanium section 3... besides this one that costs $5000.

Last edited by 9kracing; 12-20-2023, 10:45 AM.
        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I don't understand the appeal with the bluing.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
            2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Thanks for that.

I have the Supersprint 63.5 full exhaust going back to a Dinan muffler, but I've always wanted to run something a bit louder. This was on my radar, but there's too many sacrifices to be made.

I wish someone made a quality 2.5" titanium section 3... besides this one that costs $5000.

Do you have any clips of your set up? I have SS V1s with catless section 1, 63.5 dual resonated section 2 and Meisterschaft titanium section 3. Have been debating a dinan for the 2.5” piping

Comment

I actually have both section 1s and 2s, the resonated and the straight versions, so I've run a couple different setups. Right now I'm running both straight sections with no resonators, and it's loud, but I don't like the rasp. So I'm looking to move to a louder section 3, and run the resonated sections 1 & 2.

I don't currently have any sound clips, no sorry

I was under the impression the Meisterschaft titanium section 3 was already 2.5"?

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I actually have both section 1s and 2s, the resonated and the straight versions, so I've run a couple different setups. Right now I'm running both straight sections with no resonators, and it's loud, but I don't like the rasp. So I'm looking to move to a louder section 3, and run the resonated sections 1 & 2.

I don't currently have any sound clips, no sorry

I was under the impression the Meisterschaft titanium section 3 was already 2.5"?
                  As far as I’m aware it’s the standard sizing.

I’ve also been wanting the resonated catless section 1 for my V1s, though it seems it’s a tough part to find.

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post

As far as I’m aware it’s the standard sizing.

I’ve also been wanting the resonated catless section 1 for my V1s, though it seems it’s a tough part to find.
                    Just weld in resonators like mine. Easiest cheapest way to get a resonated section 1 with SS V1.
                    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Ok, so I got my exhaust and they did listen on no bluing. Obviously there will be some from welding but they didn't blue the tips or anything extra which is a nice attention to detail. The exhaust welds are decent quality. Visually they maybe a 7 out 10 and they look like they're going to hold for a while. From purchasing to arriving at my door was just over a week for standard shipping.

Now I fully understand why there is an issue with the tips. They're HUGE. There's alot less room to be off with fitment. I brought my tools home from work and will try to knock out some of my reassembly to double check fitment. I'm just wait on a third exhaust hanger. GruppeM only uses 2 and I lost the third.

Comment

How did it all work out?
                        Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post
                          How did it all work out?
                          Unfortunately I have not put the car back together yet. I'm trying to breathe living life and the only forum tume I have is while taking a dump. It sucks however I'm really trying to find the time to finish everything because I want to know as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemi View Post
                            I have the Ti variant of the muffler. I can share my experience after about a year of ownership since it was not perfect.

Bad
                            Fitment wasn't too great. Both OEM and CSL-style diffusers will make contact with the 3" tips. I ended up shaving the inside of the CSL-style diffuser. Also, the driver side tips stick out slightly more than the passenger side. When installing, you should be sure to rotate the passenger side exhaust hanger such that it holds exhaust closer to the outside of the car. I also had the passenger side hangers bent slightly to improve fitment. With the OEM section 2, it should mount up fine. With the SuperSprint twin pipe, part of the section 2 will need to be cut off in order to mount the muffler.

I had drone at ~2500 RPM with OEM-like (additional resonator welded in the OEM section 1) and my current SuperSprint (V1 headers, catted section 1, resonated twin pipe) setups. Its worse with the valve closed unfortunately from my experience. With the valves open, its significantly less noticeable. I'm scared to track it with the valves open because of dB limitations but valves closed was perfectly fine.

Good
                            The sound is incomparable to anything I've heard in both OEM and SuperSprint setups. Tips look sick. Valves closed is still loud but much more civilized than with the valves. When the car is shut off, the valve will leak and slowly close which is nice for my neighbors when I cold start it and forget to close it. Also, the controller can be paired with your HomeLink buttons (open and close will take up 2 of 3 buttons) so keeping the remote in the car is optional.

The exhaust itself looks pretty good.
                            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6510.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.3 KB ID:	245722

Final fitment after all adjustments. Still not perfect. Sorry about the lighting but you can see the driver side extends noticeably further out still.
                            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0197.jpg Views:	0 Size:	194.1 KB ID:	245723
                            Same thing with mine. One side sticks out more than the other

Comment

Working...
                            X