Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stft adaptation values

Hi everyone,

First post here, i have learned a lot reading you guys.
    I have been reading the adaptations with the ecuworxs tool and stft adaptation values are both 0, car runs good and no error code's. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Jeffs54; 12-10-2023, 08:11 AM.

All is perfect

Comment

STFT in this tool are additive in ms ie +0.01 is adding 0.01ms extra (apparently although Im3not completely convinced about this one)
      LTFT are multiplicative so 1.01 is adding 1%
      Yes this is confusing compared to what other tools report

I'm chasing a bit of a minor issue. My LTFTs tend somewhat negative usually ending up around -8 to -9% (i.e. a bit rich but not by heaps). When cold / open loop it seems to run fairly rich but otherwise runs fine. I reset the adaptations using the ECUWorx tool and they read back as 0.00 as expect (edit: I think although

You want 0.00 STFT and 1.00 for LTFT to be perfect but you will never get it perfect - that's the point of these adaptations.

Last edited by Shonky; 12-11-2023, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your responses, my “worries” are that should be some value of adaptation. Although I like to think that are perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by BMWfanz View Post
          All is perfect
          I don't believe in zero value for STFT or LTFT, in ms or percentage, in a normal running engine.
          OP, I wonder what value is reported when using OBDFusion app.

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post

I don't believe in zero value for STFT or LTFT, in ms or percentage, in a normal running engine.
            OP, I wonder what value is reported when using OBDFusion app.
            I would question the 0.00 STFT reading too. I have used the tool and it did work for me but yes check with pretty much any other OBD tool and see what it reports.

Comment

Working...
            X