F8X M3/M4 CF Drive shaft mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the vendor:

“So we offer a one year warranty parts and labor. The only exception is if vehicles are tuned beyond the capabilities of the components.”

If the shaft blows apart then probably wouldn’t fall under warranty. High speed vibration - should be covered unless he shaft is showing signs of being subjected to high levels of torque.

Comment

What's the torque rating on the F8X cf driveshaft? Aside from turbo and superchargered cars most cars with aftermarket running M/A won't see torque above 450ft lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

You would need to buy on and then contact my contact.

While I could make some money by facilitating the transaction…I’m doing it to help the community. I’ve certainly benefitted from others doing leg work to get a vendor on board.
        Understood, thank for doing this!

OK, I'll get a shaft this week and look out for the upcoming process.

I do agree that we should find an established shop that can balance them to perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post

Understood, thank for doing this!

OK, I'll get a shaft this week and look out for the upcoming process.

I do agree that we should find an established shop that can balance them to perfection.
          This 100% and warranty even if it's only for a year is better than nothing.

Comment

Can anyone pull this measurement? Has to be from the car. Worst case, I can wait until this weekend to get a measurement.

“the dimension from the face of the rubber flex disc installed on the transmission yoke to the face of the rear CVJ yoke on the differential.”

Comment

Can anyone pull this measurement? Has to be from the car. Worst case, I can wait until this weekend to get a measurement.

“the dimension from the face of the rubber flex disc installed on the transmission yoke to the face of the rear CVJ yoke on the differential.”
              Hopefully it's the same for 6MT and SMG cars…..

Comment

Can anyone pull tthis measurement? Has to be from the car. Worst case, I can wait until this weekend to get a measurement.

This is from mine. However this was pulled from a database.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240326_155919.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	259165
                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

BTW i took my driveshaft back to the shop, explained the issue andnthey said they will work on it. I noticed the CV joint has no articulation or potential movement once installed so that could be it.

They claimed it could be my diff mounts etc... they're OEM other than the poly bushing so I gotta imagine they would vibrate less than a solid solution.

They might also have me bring the car over to check it out in person. Stay tuned. The CF driveshaft might be going back in my car.
                  Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I could make some money by facilitating the transaction…
                    reported to mods for parts curation. consider your days numbered

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

What's-his-face took over jae's account

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

🤣🤣🤣…this more like a dump and run away…🤣🤣🤣

Comment

I just picked up a carbon shaft off ebay for $278 shipped. I'll be looking for a 330 shaft for the flange and CVJ (any specific years?).
                          Has anyone found OE alternatives that we can by new for the flange and CVJ?

Comment

Originally posted by gheorghe View Post
                            I just picked up a carbon shaft off ebay for $278 shipped. I'll be looking for a 330 shaft for the flange and CVJ (any specific years?).
                            Has anyone found OE alternatives that we can by new for the flange and CVJ?
                            Any shop that deals with driveshafts will have these parts on shelf/order.

Comment

The place I've been talking to is ready. Let me just get a confirmation that I can post his info here. He'd probably be OK with that but I want to verify first.

It will be easy. You contact him, pay the invoice and ship an F8X M3 carbon driveshaft. Usually about 1-1.5 weeks...you get the driveshaft back.

Comment

Eric@driveshaftpro.com

714-893-4585 ext 106

​​Reach out to Eric, tell him Break My Wallet Motorsport sent you. Will cost about $800. They pay shipping to you within the US. You’ll have to pay to ship the driveshaft to them.

You could make arrangements with Eric and then buy a driveshaft on EBay and just have it shipped directly to DriveshaftPro.

here is the address to send the driveshaft.

DRIVESHAFTPRO ATTN: ERIC

7532 ANTHONY AVE.

GARDEN GROVE, CA. 92841

Comment

Working...
                                X