BMW battery tender question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xmetal View Post

How long does it typically takes you to see that solid green light? Mine goes through those flashing bars fairly quickly even on an H8 AGM battery on one of my car!
    It gets there pretty quickly (few minutes estimate). The car sees very little duty so it may not be the best example though. I will definitely have to pay closer attention the next time I take it out for a drive and put it on the charger.

/// 2004 SGM/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Hey guys. I’ve narrowed it down to the Noco Genius 10 charger. They make a cigarette lighter adapter which makes trickle charging a breeze.

Would it be better to maintain my AGM battery with the cigarette lighter adapter or connect the battery terminal harness directly to the battery in the trunk and just plug the charger in the trunk? Or are either one just as good?

Thanks.
      Last edited by c watson; 12-29-2023, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c watson View Post
        Hey guys. I’ve narrowed it down to the Noco Genius 10 charger. They make a cigarette lighter adapter which makes trickle charging a breeze.

Would it be better to maintain my AGM battery with the cigarette lighter adapter or connect the battery terminal harness directly to the battery in the trunk and just plug the charger in the trunk? Or are either one just as good?

Thanks.
        A note of caution on the Noco Genius 10 charger - Make sure your AGM battery can take a charging voltage up to 14.8V! The Noco charger will charge your battery up to 14.8V in AGM mode! Most AGM batteries have warning labels about maximum charging voltage at no more than 14.4V. Attached are a couple of pictures of my past AGM batteries - an H6 and H7. Also attached is a clip from the Genius10 user's manual.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Duralast_H6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	140.4 KB ID:	247281
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Xmetal; 12-29-2023, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X