X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YoungDinosaur View Post
    Do you have a link to this new intake?
    Think this is the one referred to.
    Web de Karbonius composites; diseño, elaboración y venta de piezas de fibra carbono para automoción
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by Notan_S54 View Post
      Oh, and if you are worried about smog, karbonius now makes an oem carbon intake that produces the sound and uses the maf; so that may pass California inspections if it’s just the plug in test.
      Keep in mind this will pass smog computer check, but will fail visual. Needs to have a CARB EO number to pass visual test.

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
        Correct. Here is IND distribution listing. I think they are karbonius sole distributor in the US now.
        Kit Includes: Airbox CNC machine-made items of anodized aluminum Stainless-steel screws Certificate of authenticity The M3 CSL Carbon Airbox is one of the most demanded improvements among E46 M3 enthusiasts. This is due to the performance gain of course, but even more enjoyable is the intake sound it brings to car. Unfortunately, upgrading to the CSL airbox is both labor intensive and time-consuming; requiring a number of additional parts, wiring, and software. As such, it's a rather expensive modification. For those who are looking for a similar sound to the CSL carbon airbox but are less concerned about a performance gain, Karbonius has developed an OEM Style S54 carbon airbox. It is a simplified version of the CSL airbox and, apart from the louder intake sound (+12 dB compared to plastic OEM airbox), provides an awesome appearance and easy installation using standard intake elbow and MAF. No need to install any additional hardware or a remap. Regarding a power increase, Karbonius observed +4HP compared to the OEM airbox in a recent dyno test. Not significant enough of a gain with a 2% margin of error. Therefore, pending any additional testing, they claim no significant power increase, but no HP loss either. NOTE: For E46 M3 SMG models, a genuine CSL SMG reservoir is needed. Product Details: Similar sound to CSL carbon airbox Saves roughly 8lbs compared to OEM plastic airbox No remap software required 100% Carbon Prepreg Cured in autoclave High gloss UV protection varnish 2 year guarantee 2005-2006 M3 models and Z4 require pre-2005 throttle body boots and modified crankcase breather hose (see installed photo; Eventuri intake not included) E46 M3 SMG package includes OEM M3 CSL SMG reservoir and bracket; OE mounting location is drivers' side strut tower Application Guide: E46 M3 E36/7 Z3M S54B32 (2001-02) E85 / E86 Z4M
        Last edited by Notan_S54; 03-27-2024, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elrichmeister View Post

Keep in mind this will pass smog computer check, but will fail visual. Needs to have a CARB EO number to pass visual test.
          Right. Where I am there is no visual, just obd2 plug in, so it’s what I go off. I understand you guys in California have it a bit tougher. Oof!

Comment

Has anyone installed that Z4 M sound generator in their E46?

Comment

Originally posted by YoungDinosaur View Post
              Has anyone installed that Z4 M sound generator in their E46?
              This may not help answering your question but I took mine off to sell, but I now missed it so much that will put it back on. If you listen to how the GT4 RS sounds, it gets you an idea how it is.

mine is a Z4M

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

This may not help answering your question but I took mine off to sell, but I now missed it so much that will put it back on. If you listen to how the GT4 RS sounds, it gets you an idea how it is.

mine is a Z4M
                Wow. Thanks for the feedback. I messaged the creator to see if he had E46 install instructions.

Comment

Another option, you could do something like these sound makers. Cost me $50 for another stock airbox to pull the trumpets out (or free if you want to hack up your stock box), $125 in ITG filters, and $20 for a CSL IAT, oh and some sort of oil catch can for the PVC. Running a modified CSL tune I did myself, car runs awesome.

With that said, using a CSL airbox is really the better solution, you get that cold air and it makes dealing with the PVC system easy. I don't really care for max power, I just wanted more sound, so this is perfect.

P.S. This passes smog (DEQ) here where I live in Oregon.

E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                  Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

I recently installed the sound generator on my E46 M3. Been very happy with the sound it makes. The guy doesnt have any written instructions for the install but its pretty self explanatory. It is a tight fit to get the modified elbow into place between the maf and opening of the airbox.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post
                      I recently installed the sound generator on my E46 M3. Been very happy with the sound it makes. The guy doesnt have any written instructions for the install but its pretty self explanatory. It is a tight fit to get the modified elbow into place between the maf and opening of the airbox.
                      Single hot GA man with sound generator, might be worth checking out in person

Comment

Originally posted by inlinesix123 View Post

Single hot GA man with sound generator, might be worth checking out in person
                        It definitely ain't a CSL box sound wise but it is a nice way to hear the intake better. Slide in my DMs if you want to hear in person.

Comment

Where are you guys buying this sound generator? From the ones I’ve tried to find online, the guy never posts a link and just posts YouTube videos and reviews on it but no link. Also since it’s from Europe somewhere makes me skeptical on purchasing esp since it’s still $300 or so

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
                            Where are you guys buying this sound generator? From the ones I’ve tried to find online, the guy never posts a link and just posts YouTube videos and reviews on it but no link. Also since it’s from Europe somewhere makes me skeptical on purchasing esp since it’s still $300 or so
                            I sent him a message on WhatsApp. He typically takes a day to respond. +4915206033208

Comment

Originally posted by jayjaya29 View Post

I sent him a message on WhatsApp. He typically takes a day to respond. +4915206033208
                              If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
                                I may be completely off but isn’t this just the factory Z4 part with a different hose and grommet?
                                The bmw sound generator is still available, just need hose, clamp and grommets??
                                p/n 13747514863

6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
                                X