Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's Using the DB9 Caliper Brackets?

Hey guys-here's the situation I'm in:
    I have a 60k mile E46 M3 going to the Cleveland Auto Show and I ordered the VBT DB9 brackets and CSL rotors.
    Surprise- they no longer ship to the US; they will not sell to us.

I've created a prototype of a bracket as a 3D print, and it's currently holding my DB9 calipers on. I'm going to see if I can make them for folks in the US who want to utilize that BBK upgrade after I tinker with the fitment a little more and convert them to steel. If anybody has photos of the kit they're using for the DB9 calipers, could you post them here so I can recreate the strongest, best fitting kit out there?

If not, I understand, I just figured I would ask some fellow enthusiasts. It's a great upgrade, but there's no way to do it in the US anymore.

Thank you!!​

Epsilon I got your DM, but I'm a freshman here, so I can't respond. Lol. Email me and we'll work something out.

ecroy@definitivemotorwerk.com

Thank you!

Comment

I have the VBT DB9 brackets, Aston calipers, and CSL/ZCP rotors. I'm running Porsche calipers and ZCP/CSL rotors on the rear. I've had zero issues with them, It's a great setup for the money IMHO. It's a shame you can't get them here in the states anymore.

I have a bunch more if you want, just PM me.
      E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
      Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
      Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

Will these DB9 calipers clear a donut spare? I too tried to get the VBT kit...but I think I found another way.
        Last edited by PSUEng; 02-13-2024, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUEng View Post
          Will these DB9 calipers clear a donut spare? I too tried to get the VBT kit...but I think I found another way.
          No idea if it clears a spare, but AAA clears all brake setups.
          Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

I run DB9s. I ordered from VBT in 2018.

Edit: Not sure why it rotated the image for me

Click image for larger versionName:	IMG_20210308_200221.jpgViews:	0Size:	97.9 KBID:	253708
            Last edited by newton22; 02-16-2024, 09:36 AM.

Comment

What pads are you guys running? I'll post some pics of my stuff later today, I have to start assembling the front end anyway.
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

I run Centric Posi Quiet D1001 63-105-1001 for the DB9 (you can grab them from zeckhausen.com or rockauto.com etc). They're quiet, don't make much mess, work fine in wet/cold, and are just fine street pads. I've never had any fad on the street. The initial bite when cold is a bit meh, but once you get a bit of heat in them they're great. And for the money - they're like $75 - it's a fantastic choice IMHO.
                Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

Just to add, zeckhausen.com has all the caliper rebuild parts and a bunch of pad options all in one place: https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/i...th=440_441_442
                  Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

Our caliper bracket is almost done; it will be for the 345mm rotor without the spacer. The spacer works, but a one-piece design makes me feel a little better about it.

Comment

My setup

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0920.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	254944
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0923.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	254945