No announcement yet.

The Ultimate CSL Airbox Filter options/questions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just received my turner filter, and the fitment is subpar but acceptable, i had to strip some rubber and it's now ok-ish. Loose in some parts, too tight to fit in others.
    I will post photos later.

Comment

Anyone running an evolve box without the itg filter?

I have cleaned and re-oiled my itg filter once without issue, but I also barely drive the car. Would love to know if a stock type filter will fit (I recall fitment being different on the evolve boxes).

Comment

Originally posted by Notan_S54 View Post

This right here. I wish I’d done it that way from the get go because of the drivability I had after an Alpha N tune. Not to say that alpha n tunes don’t work out, but what having a box on my car in terms of driving was like was not what I was expecting.
        Is frank smith still around? All it is, is a re-flash. Though you would need to get the newer ECU. On my 2002 I had to get the newer ECU in order to run the flap. That helps with low end besides "noise"
        Build Journal - E46 M3 CSL Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by M3dragon View Post

Is frank smith still around? All it is, is a re-flash. Though you would need to get the newer ECU. On my 2002 I had to get the newer ECU in order to run the flap. That helps with low end besides "noise"
          For a non flap CSL style intake, all you need is an HP dme.
          For the flap to work, i believe you need either a csl dme which is different, OR, you need to alter the DME with the "H-Bridge"

Comment

I am not sure if he is. Since I have an 05 my original plan was map sensor and send the ECU off to Kassel, but I now have gone back to the stock box and selling the CSL.

Comment

Originally posted by inlinesix123 View Post
              For a non flap CSL style intake, all you need is an HP dme.
              For the flap to work, i believe you need either a csl dme which is different, OR, you need to alter the DME with the "H-Bridge"
              reverse that. The HP DME is needed for the flap to work. Same ECU as in the M5. Fun part is the FLAP is run off the area of the ECU which runs the other 2 cylinders LOL. If you have a non HP DME you can run the airbox.

The flap helps low end bog / noise which we figured out long ago. The Cams whether CSL or other help also with the low end bog as the massive airflow does cause a little bit of a hesitation. Again there are other factors to improve this but from the old M3 forum this was what we learned when all started doing CSL conversions

Comment

reverse that. The HP DME is needed for the flap to work. Same ECU as in the M5. Fun part is the FLAP is run off the area of the ECU which runs the other 2 cylinders LOL. If you have a non HP DME you can run the airbox.

The flap helps low end bog / noise which we figured out long ago. The Cams whether CSL or other help also with the low end bog as the massive airflow does cause a little bit of a hesitation. Again there are other factors to improve this but from the old M3 forum this was what we learned when all started doing CSL conversions
                No, he's right. HP is needed to run csl tune with map sensor. Pre lci non HP ecu can run alpha n.

Need to modify face lift mss54hp to add H bridge for flap (big waste of time).
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

If memory servers me right, though it is fuzzy, you could get a E90 M5 ECU and re-flash it to be a CSL ecu. Same module basically and I think some people used to do that. For older cars. Better ram / buss so the car works better. Is it worth the cost/effort like Tbonem3 said, probably not.BUT when is modifying a care make any sense? LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X