Video Clip Request: Eisenmann Sport and SS Sport Mufflers Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Clip Request: Eisenmann Sport and SS Sport Mufflers Only

So I’m still doing my DD on which one I want to drop my hard earned money on, but I can’t seem to find any videos of these mufflers on a completely oem exhaust system. Most videos show cars with a header setup or a xpipe or the race version etc.

i found one Eisenmann sport muffler video on YouTube but it is in Europe and has high flow cats according to the comments. Can’t find any good videos on the SS sport gen 2 either.

if anyone has these mufflers on an otherwise stock exhaust setup and can take a quick video, I’d much appreciate it! Thanks!

I was on that same boat, i even bought the sport exhaust and ended up canceling the order. My fear was that it would sound like an untuned instrument and way too loud. I ended up getting the dinan exhaust and it’s exactly what i was looking for, civilized unless you floor it.

hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

only thing is that the dinan tips are ugly and exhaust only comes out of one side. Haha

do you have a video of the sound of your muffler only?

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post

and exhaust only comes out of one side. Haha
        On my SS Gen 2 Sport, there is a lot more soot on the passenger side tips than the driver side's. So it also has the same "problem"

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

On my SS Gen 2 Sport, there is a lot more soot on the passenger side tips than the driver side's. So it also has the same "problem"
          not to mention, the SS Sport has a smaller diameter piping than the Dinan muffler (not as free flowing)

OP better off getting the dinan muffler imo.

Comment

Originally posted by s54brendan View Post

not to mention, the SS Sport has a smaller diameter piping than the Dinan muffler (not as free flowing)

Seems like he has an otherwise stock exhaust, so the difference in the muffler pipe diameter won't make a difference.
            But yes, if there were a Dinan for sale when I was looking, I def would have considered getting that.

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

Seems like he has an otherwise stock exhaust, so the difference in the muffler pipe diameter won't make a difference.
              But yes, if there were a Dinan for sale when I was looking, I def would have considered getting that.
              Why would that be? Does the ss sport not sound good?

Comment

Originally posted by s54brendan View Post

You can order the SS Sport with 2.5" piping.
                Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Why would that be? Does the ss sport not sound good?
                  Sport sounds great. The product photos don't show it very well, but I didn't know the tips are staggered. I would have preferred them even across. Otherwise, I like it.

(And for the record, I said I would have considered the Dinan. I did not say I preferred it over the Sport)

Comment

Mufflers sound like ass on this car. How does not everyone know this by now?
                    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                      Mufflers sound like ass on this car. How does not everyone know this by now?
                      That is the issue for me as well as the car being SO QUIET. I even took my elderly father in law with me on a drive (in my convertible) yesterday and he kept mentioning that it was so quiet. like a luxury car, LOL. I get that the car is not an aggressive sports car, but even my F80, which sounded like dookie until I got an equal length midpipe, was more aggressive and louder. Since getting a set of headers is out of the questions (california resident here), how the heck can I add some more volume to the exhaust that sounds decent? I would go the airbox route, but once again, CA resident here =/

Comment

That is the issue for me as well as the car being SO QUIET. I even took my elderly father in law with me on a drive (in my convertible) yesterday and he kept mentioning that it was so quiet. like a luxury car, LOL. I get that the car is not an aggressive sports car, but even my F80, which sounded like dookie until I got an equal length midpipe, was more aggressive and louder. Since getting a set of headers is out of the questions (california resident here), how the heck can I add some more volume to the exhaust that sounds decent? I would go the airbox route, but once again, CA resident here =/
                        If you get something with a DINAN level of volume and tone on an otherwise stock exhaust, it will sound decent. It's only when you get louder than the DINAN where it will start to sound pretty bad outside the car, not to mention get very irritating in the cabin. It's all about finding a balance. Even if you get a CSL intake, it is still nice having something back there like an SS Street.

On a stock car, I'd find a used DINAN muffler. Second would be an SS Street or Sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

If you get something with a DINAN level of volume and tone on an otherwise stock exhaust, it will sound decent. It's only when you get louder than the DINAN where it will start to sound pretty bad outside the car, not to mention get very irritating in the cabin. It's all about finding a balance. Even if you get a CSL intake, it is still nice having something back there like an SS Street.

On a stock car, I'd find a used DINAN muffler. Second would be an SS Street or Sport.
                          So I heard that the SS street is OEM levels of volume. Would the Dinan be quieter than that?

What would be the level of sound in your opinion? Dinan>SSStreet>SSsport? Throwing in the Eisenmann Sport and race, where would it be in regards to sound there?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

So I heard that the SS street is OEM levels of volume. Would the Dinan be quieter than that?

What would be the level of sound in your opinion? Dinan>SSStreet>SSsport? Throwing in the Eisenmann Sport and race, where would it be in regards to sound there?

Thanks for the help!
                            Low volume - SS Street - Eisenmann Sport - DINAN = SS Sport - Rogue Engineering - Eisenmann Race - SS Race - High volume

Comment

I would go the airbox route, but once again, CA resident here =/
                              You should absolutely not get an airbox (+ second DME) and swap the stock parts back in right before you're due for smog because that would be illegal
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X