M Power sticker placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duracellttu View Post

Just curious, does the right side connection on top of the airbox snap into place? On mine the clearance is a little off and wont seat all the way down. It's seems like the airbox side connector is a little too tall.
    I had the exact same issue. Instead of screwing with the airbox I carefully filled the two locking tabs that click the shut off valve connection onto the airbox. If you notice when you press it down the two tabs do not seat because the ridge on airbox is too high as you noted.
    Carefully file the tabs (on the top side) until they engage the airbox correctly. I used a smaller triangular file, just make sure you aren't messing up the oring when you file.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Just curious, does the right side connection on top of the airbox snap into place? On mine the clearance is a little off and wont seat all the way down. It's seems like the airbox side connector is a little too tall.
      Same exact issue as well. Also filled down the connector.

I'm pretty sure the connector at the bottom for the tube that goes to the oil pan is also not machined correctly. I need to take the airbox off soon and check/fix that.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Damn, I found that the bottom fitting was much tighter then stock, but the line would go in. Also as I think you saw me mention before I had to Dremel out the half-circle shape on the front opening about 1.5-2mm to get the OE snorkel to go in and line up properly.
        2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
          Damn, I found that the bottom fitting was much tighter then stock, but the line would go in. Also as I think you saw me mention before I had to Dremel out the half-circle shape on the front opening about 1.5-2mm to get the OE snorkel to go in and line up properly.
          I do remember that. Fortunately, I went with the Karbonius snorkel, which didn't require any modifications.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I had the exact same issue. Instead of screwing with the airbox I carefully filled the two locking tabs that click the shut off valve connection onto the airbox. If you notice when you press it down the two tabs do not seat because the ridge on airbox is too high as you noted.
            Carefully file the tabs (on the top side) until they engage the airbox correctly. I used a smaller triangular file, just make sure you aren't messing up the oring when you file.

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
            Same exact issue as well. Also filled down the connector.

I'm pretty sure the connector at the bottom for the tube that goes to the oil pan is also not machined correctly. I need to take the airbox off soon and check/fix that.
            Thanks guys, I was thinking about doing the same thing. I also considered filing the very top of the airbox side down. that would also allow you to get the connector to seat lower.
            2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Thanks guys, I was thinking about doing the same thing. I also considered filing the very top of the airbox side down. that would also allow you to get the connector to seat lower.
              Actually, I just removed my airbox yesterday and fixed the bottom hose. Ended up filing the connector down too simply because plastic is easier to file. Now both the top and bottom connectors click properly.

Comment

Working...
              X