Lift Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lift Recommendations?

So I am finally taking the plunge and getting a 2 post lift for the garage. Our M3 is lowered quite a bit... Curious what folks out there like/dislike about the lifts they have used. I only have experience using a lift once or twice. The other vehicles I plan to have on it are a couple standard SUVs, and a RAM 2500 diesel. Because of the truck I am pretty much limited to a symmetric lift config. Have folks out there had issues loading the M3 onto a symmetric two post? I am pretty sure any lift I get I am going to need to put wood/ramps down. But mostly concerned about door clearance when trying to get in/out of the car.

I have scissor type lift .. 2 post probably gives you better access to bottoms than scissor type.. clearance for the door access should be ok (based from what i saw in the shop, you just need to position it to the middle)

during my shopping, the worry i had for 2 post was only on the balance .. i was worried about car's been tiled from the front of back ...(of course due to the cause of me, the human error if it happens)

Comment

I have 2 bendpak in the shop i love them! Look into them they are 2 post lifts and they have alot of options!

Comment

BenPack 2 most. They make a low profile option as well. If you go with a 10K lift like I did, you will need to get a ramp to get the car nose up enough to get the arms under if lowered. They don't get low enough
        Build Journal - E46 M3 CSL Conversion

Comment

My concern with the 10k bendpak is even though the curb weight of the truck is 8000lbs the front axle of the truck is 5500lbs so that would technically exceed the rating of the lift arms. I've seen lots of folks lifting diesel 2500s on a 10k lift but sort of makes me nervous.

Comment

we lift my friends F350 which probably is close to 8-9k and we beat on it with hammers as it is a chase offroad truck. No issues or concerns. If you get a certified lift, it can lift about 15000 LB BUT it is rated for 10k. The have a little stupid built in as techs are nuts LOL.
            Build Journal - E46 M3 CSL Conversion

Comment

I have access to a symmetric 2-post without a top cross bar (I think they call it a baseplate lift). The symmetric is not ideal for door opening on the M3. The arms are also a little too high at their lowest point and I need to drive onto raceramps just to get the arms under the side skirts.

It works great for anything up to a 3500 truck.

During my research, it seems that everything has its compromises. Almost every lift will work for every commonly encountered vehicle, but some are better suited to certain types than others.

I've always thought the underground 2-column lifts were sweet.

Comment

Working...
              X