Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well do M-texture seats hold you in turns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How well do M-texture seats hold you in turns?

Very much debating seats … I have stock powered seats, but I slide around too much (5’6”, 165) and I would like something to hold me in better. I have debated Cobra seats but am not ready to pull the trigger for a number of reasons. So my question is … if I simply re-upholstered my current seats to replace the leather with m-texture cloth or alcantara, how well do you think they would hold me in turns? Would it be a significant difference?
    ‘04 M3

No. Stock seats do not hold you in. Get the Cobras.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Maxhouse97 View Post
      I have debated Cobra seats but am not ready to pull the trigger for a number of reasons.
      What are your reasons?

Silver Track to Street Car Journal
      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

LOL
        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 BMW ///M3
        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Complete waste of time.
          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

The stock seats won't hold you in better with a reupholster, sure your body won't slide as easily as on the leather but your body will still move around. The Cobras will hold you in MUCH better, tighter fitting bolsters, fabric cushioning and a lot better shoulder support. Not to mention the lower seating position where you feel you are IN your car rather than ON it.

Regards

Comment

I have an m-texture interior and think the seats are much better than leather ones for a street car. They don't get scalding hot in the summers and they do provide some grip to prevent you from sliding around as much... But I'll also echo what the others are saying: they are totally insufficient to hold you in place on a track.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.wReckless View Post
                The stock seats won't hold you in better with a reupholster, sure your body won't slide as easily as on the leather but your body will still move around. The Cobras will hold you in MUCH better, tighter fitting bolsters, fabric cushioning and a lot better shoulder support. Not to mention the lower seating position where you feel you are IN your car rather than ON it.

Regards
                Reupholster with double sided tape. It will hold you in. 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Reupholster with double sided tape. It will hold you in. 🤣
                  Velcro
                  E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                  E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                  E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

All joking aside, I've only read positive reviews on the Cobra Nogaro. They even have a "CSL" styled version that looks very similar to the OG CSL seats, honestly a great deal if you're into the CSL look.

Introducing the new Cobra Nogaro Munich Edition Based on the best-selling Nogaro, we’ve recreated an almost faithful reproduction of the E46 CSL factory seat.  We were lucky enough to locate the genuine and original centre fabric and we’ve combined it with genuine Alcantara 9002 surrounds, reproduced the same stitch li
                    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                      All joking aside, I've only read positive reviews on the Cobra Nogaro. They even have a "CSL" styled version that looks very similar to the OG CSL seats, honestly a great deal if you're into the CSL look.

https://shop.cobraseats.com/products...-limited-stock
                      Be sure to sit in one before buying though! Ideally drive/ride around for a half hour or so. Shoulder support "wings" are very tight and push your shoulders forward quite a bit if you're the correct dimensions. I had to make some custom seat cushions cause my nogaros were unbearable to sit in otherwise.

Pretty much everyone who's sat in my car has had the same complaint.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

heinzboehmer good advice for any seat purchase.
                        E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Recaro sportsters not an option?
                          2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Be sure to sit in one before buying though! Ideally drive/ride around for a half hour or so. Shoulder support "wings" are very tight and push your shoulders forward quite a bit if you're the correct dimensions. I had to make some custom seat cushions cause my nogaros were unbearable to sit in otherwise.

Pretty much everyone who's sat in my car has had the same complaint.
                            +1, I’ve never had an issue with any recaros I’ve run (SPG XL and sportsters, as well as several of the ‘older’ models) or really any other seat I’ve ever sat in. The nogaros are awful for me due to that shoulder positioning. They’re also loose in the hips/waist. 6’3” 200lb 34” waist 44” chest. Designed for pear shaped bodies.

Agree with others. Cloth seats are a notable improvement to leather both in grip and temperature/squish comfort. Great street compromise.
                            ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
                              Recaro sportsters not an option?
                              Probably my favorite seats, but they're super heavy and the positioning of the harness holes is sketchy for me

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

+1, I’ve never had an issue with any recaros I’ve run (SPG XL and sportsters, as well as several of the ‘older’ models) or really any other seat I’ve ever sat in. The nogaros are awful for me due to that shoulder positioning. They’re also loose in the hips/waist. 6’3” 200lb 34” waist 44” chest. Designed for pear shaped bodies.

Agree with others. Cloth seats are a notable improvement to leather both in grip and temperature/squish comfort. Great street compromise.
                              I wish the harness holes on recaros were higher. And that the pole positions had lower sides like the sporters so the three point belt actually sits over you waist.
                              2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                              X