Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apex EC-7 Fitment help / opinions

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here so please take that fwiw.

I recently purchased and installed a set of Satin Black EC-7 18x9.5 ET22 squared with 245/40R18 Mich PS4s on my 04 M3. I'm running stock ride height at the moment but I will probably lower the car eventually. With the stock camber, I'm getting quite a bit of poke on the front. Is this something more negative camber would help with? I've read I can flip the tophats but that seems like it will start eating tires. Or should I switch to a different wheel? I went with the 9.5s in hopes of being able to rotate them but I see the 9.5 ET35s are in stock so maybe that's a better option for the front.

Thoughts?

Edit because I mispoke about the offset.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Way2Slow; 04-08-2024, 05:41 PM.

You’ll need around -2.6 to -3° of camber to not have wheel poke with that offset. ET35 is the offset you’ll want if you don’t want to run that much camber.
    Silver Track to Street Car Journal
    Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

9.5et35 is better, also for scrub radius.

Never heard of et25, usually it's 22, so at least the 25 is a little easier to fit than 22. The other thing working for you is the stretched 245 tire. Usually a 9.5" wants a 265, and you'd then have a even harder time fitting it.

I wouldn't make any changes yet. I'd install my suspension first, go to at least -2.5 maybe -3 camber (with plates) and go from there.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

ET25 makes the rears flush with fender/body work, but makes fronts poke. For street car, you normally run equivalent of ET35 in front and et22-25 in rear with ET35 wheels and no front spacer but 10-12mm rear spacer.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Just flip the hats and use the OEM slots in the strut tower to get some more camber. It will fit fine and the tire wear will be okay.

Comment

When I was running Apex wheels I had 18x9.5 et35 square with 10mm spacers up front and 18mm in the rear. Had to run 3.2 degrees camber to get the fronts to work and they still rubbed every now and then, not terrible though.

Comment

Originally posted by Notan_S54 View Post
              When I was running Apex wheels I had 18x9.5 et35 square with 10mm spacers up front and 18mm in the rear. Had to run 3.2 degrees camber to get the fronts to work and they still rubbed every now and then, not terrible though.
              You'd have to tell us what tires/sizes.

Tires widths matter a lot, and are not equal between manufacturers despite the 2xx/xx/xx format.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

You'd have to tell us what tires/sizes.

Tires widths matter a lot, and are not equal between manufacturers despite the 2xx/xx/xx format.
                Of course! How could I forget! Lol
                I was running Yokohama advan apex V601 265/35R18 all around

Comment

Yes, 265 and yokos are very wide so makes sense you needed neg3.2 to fit the not-as-aggressive et25 (as et22 - more common). Op has final et25 as well, but has 245 so wouldn't need neg3.2 degrees of camber.

Comment

I run GramLights CR57 18x9.5" ET38 with 265s square and a 12mm front and 20mm rear spacer, so essentially ET26 in the front and ET18 in the rear. Does not rub, but had to run like 3 degrees front and a tiny bit of rear negative camber to clear. It's pretty aggressive... I'd like to run less camber but I can't run a smaller front spacer because the wheel hits the bottom of my coilover spring perch, I need to get a shorter spring so I can move the perch up and tuck the wheel in more. The car drives great for the most part, but it tramlines like whoa on uneven surfaces and bad roads.
                    E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                    Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Thanks for all the info. I'd prefer more of a flush look but I think ended up closer to aggressive street/track without the camber, which I'll probably need once I lower the car..

Comment

Not sure why you are not following Apex's recommendations.

The More Aggressive 18" Wheel Package: Go wider with 18s.Perfectly flush with minimal modifications. This fitment maximizes wheel width using all available space within the fenders. Tires will appear ever-so-slightly stretched in order to clear the fenders.
                        • Front: 18x9.5” ET35 with 245/40-18 tires // Rear: 18x10.5” ET22 with 275/35-18 tires
                          • Available in: ARC-8, EC-7, EC-7RS, SM-10, VS-5RS
                          • Available in all APEX designs.
                          • Front 5mm or larger spacers required with certain aftermarket suspensions. When spacers are added, front negative camber may be required.
                          • Rear negative camber and/or rolled fenders may be required.
                          • Tires will appear slightly stretched (see above photo).
                          • 265/35-18 front and 285/35-18 rear tires may work with additional negative camber.
                          • With certain tire brands and low ride heights, fender liner rubbing may occur.

The Spacer-Free Aggressive 18" Wheel Package: Go wider with 18s, spacer-free. Same as the fitment above but uses a lower front offset to avoid the spacer requirement that may be necessary with certain suspensions. As a result, more front negative camber will be required to prevent rubbing.
                        • Front: 18x9.5” ET22 with 245/40-18 tires // Rear: 18x10.5” ET22 with 275/35-18 tires.
                          • Available in: ARC-8, EC-7, EC-7RS, SM-10, SM-10RS, VS-5RS
                          • At least -2.0º of front negative camber required.
                          • Rear negative camber and/or rolled fenders may be required.
                          • Tires will appear slightly stretched.
                          • 265/35-18 front and 285/35-18 rear tires may work with additional negative camber.
                          • With certain tire brands and low ride heights, fender liner rubbing may occur.

Comment

Not sure why you are not following Apex's recommendations.
                          To be honest, their lead times have been longer than anticipated. I had a set of 18x9.5 ET35s on backorder from Black Friday. When I pushed for an updated delivery date they offered these and I thought the ET25s would be slightly better than the ET22s which generally run somewhere between -2 and 3.5 degrees of negative camber.

Comment

Working...
                          X