Any reviews on DS WORKS braces, any experiences or issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reviews on DS WORKS braces, any experiences or issues

Wanted to check with the community to see if anyone here had any experiences buying or using any products from DS WORKS. They seem to produce alot of braces for the e36 and e46 cars. They are releasing a subframe reinforcement kit for the e46 similiar to the VinceBar, see link below:

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/1224467115199720/?media_id=1&ref=share_attachment

The reason that this reinforcement kit interests me is because they are able to design there gusset cups to accommodate their 6 point subframe brace:

The BMW e46 has an extremely light chassis. The opinion of our experts is that the chassis must be strengthened at a couple of key points. One of these is the reinforcement of the rear strut towers and the reinforcement of the rear axle and differential brackets. This is where the problem often occurs and the chassis breaks due to an increase in the torque of the modified engine or a higher load by modifying the suspension. We offer reinforcement of the rear part of the car of the assembly-disassembly type with binding in several points – from strut towers to the rear subframe mounts. This reinforcement can be made of high quality structural steel or Chromium molybdenum. The powdercoating isin the color of your choice. You get the kit needed for installation. The installation itself requires a couple of small modifications. It is necessary to replace the factory screws for hanging the frame with a longer one so that reinforcement can be placed on them. At the place where the longer screw must pass through the chassis and enter the trunk, it is necessary to drill a small hole. The factory foresaw this and a drilling site was marked. When the subframe bolts are installed, you have everything you need to install reinforcements in the trunk.

Before I place an order wanted to get some feedback on their products if anyone has used the products before on their e46 m3.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bmw m3 s50; 04-09-2024, 12:17 PM.

I have is 6 point rear brace. Fitment and quality is absolutely spot on. If you message him on Facebook he responds quickly.

Also have his front brace as well and quality is consistent. Everything was packaged well and nothing arrived damaged

Also comes with quality instructions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Darbshaw View Post
      I have is 6 point rear brace. Fitment and quality is absolutely spot on. If you message him on Facebook he responds quickly.

Also have his front brace as well and quality is consistent. Everything was packaged well and nothing arrived damaged

Also comes with quality instructions

That's the brace I am looking at getting as well. It is good to hear that there was no issues with fitment and quality.

Comment

I've got two 6points, a Yurkan and a DSWorks currently in my garage. While I have yet to fit either, the DS looks to be as good or better build quality, comes with the installation tools (multiple bits) and is powder coated and delivered in one of the highest quality shipping container I have seen from a small operation like theirs. I'll throw up some photos of the two side by side when I have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
          I've got two 6points, a Yurkan and a DSWorks currently in my garage. While I have yet to fit either, the DS looks to be as good or better build quality, comes with the installation tools (multiple bits) and is powder coated and delivered in one of the highest quality shipping container I have seen from a small operation like theirs. I'll throw up some photos of the two side by side when I have a chance.

That would be awesome if you could post pics. I really like how I would be able to reinforce the subframe and run the 6 point brace.

Comment

I bought front strut bar and 6pt brace from them. Very good at communication and he even waived shipping for me. I have not installed them yet.

Comment

Let's see the side by side, TBH I have some fitment issues with my Yurkan 6-point brace. I don't know how much of that might be due to the fact that my car has had a replacement RACP panel installed. But I'm going to have to bore out the holes a little and maybe get some spacers for the front 2 mounting points.
              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Let's see the side by side, TBH I have some fitment issues with my Yurkan 6-point brace. I don't know how much of that might be due to the fact that my car has had a replacement RACP panel installed. But I'm going to have to bore out the holes a little and maybe get some spacers for the front 2 mounting points.
                Nate, I'd like to plan to install mine sometime by end of weekend. I believe I can test fit both of them, but not 100% the Yurkan doesn't need more cut on the front mounts to install. I will get some photos of them side by side. If I decided to install the Yurkan, which I may, I need to sell one of them off, I will just spray paint it with some "Steel-it"

*Dusan just confirmed that you can't run the reinforcement with the 6pt that allows the use of rear seats, but they can make one for the style2 6pt
                Last edited by fattycharged; 04-11-2024, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Nate, I'd like to plan to install mine sometime by end of weekend. I believe I can test fit both of them, but not 100% the Yurkan doesn't need more cut on the front mounts to install. I will get some photos of them side by side. If I decided to install the Yurkan, which I may, I need to sell one of them off, I will just spray paint it with some "Steel-it"

*Dusan just confirmed that you can't run the reinforcement with the 6pt that allows the use of rear seats, but they can make one for the style2 6pt
                  That is correct. You can run the style 2 brace with the reinforcement. You need to let the them know that your going to running the style 2 brace with the reinforcement kit so he can enlarge the gusset cups to accommodate the type2 brace.

I am getting the type 2 brace since I plan on doing a rear seat delete.

Comment

I'd be concerned with using the bolts from the rear shock mount as a main anchor point. I'm sure low strength M8 studs weren't designed with this in mind. I'd guess that you'd thicken the metal in the area to improve the strength of the metal around the rear shock mount, not the other way around.

I do think the bolt through design on the subframe mounting points is the best solution.

Comment

If the seat-in version doesn't accommodate reinforced gusset cups would that fail to fully mitigate the structural weakness, or would it just be marginal at that point? How would you guys weigh the pros / cons of (1) 6pt w/o gusset cups vs. (2) 4pt + gusset cups vs. (3) vincebar + gusset cups?

My car will probably never see anything beyond the street so bulletproofing is the main priority, but trunk space is irrelevant to me so if there's a combo that meets the standard for mitigation with a theoretical edge in terms of rigidity that seems attractive.
                      '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
                      All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

some terrible side by side photos I snapped quickly, but you can at least see the difference in front mounting points.

Comment

Originally posted by dukeofchen View Post
                          If the seat-in version doesn't accommodate reinforced gusset cups would that fail to fully mitigate the structural weakness, or would it just be marginal at that point? How would you guys weigh the pros / cons of (1) 6pt w/o gusset cups vs. (2) 4pt + gusset cups vs. (3) vincebar + gusset cups?

My car will probably never see anything beyond the street so bulletproofing is the main priority, but trunk space is irrelevant to me so if there's a combo that meets the standard for mitigation with a theoretical edge in terms of rigidity that seems attractive.
                          I think the reason the 6 point brace works is because the stresses that cause RACP failure are distributed through the floor and the whole brace, instead of just into the RACP as it would be if there was no brace in place. So the 4 points being bolted into the subframe mounting points and 2 points on the shock towers should be sufficient for most builds. Having a gusset cup type of pocket reinforcement in addition to the brace is a nice addition, but I don't think there's a single conclusive answer to say "yes" that's needed or "no" it's not. The harder your car is used, the more reinforcement is advisable, right? That's part of the reason why most cars that have full cages have the subframe points incorporated and welded into the cage design, in addition to of course rigidity.
                          Last edited by Nate047; 04-12-2024, 12:34 PM.
                          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

some terrible side by side photos I snapped quickly, but you can at least see the difference in front mounting points.
                            Very interesting to see those differences side by side. I really want to know which one fits better lol.
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Very interesting to see those differences side by side. I really want to know which one fits better lol.
                              Well ya, me too, but as I continue to find out, I'm getting slow AF in the garage these days...my brain thinks I'm still 20, but my knees, hands and back keep reminding me of all the dumb shit I did when I was 20.

I spent all my free time last night repairing a brand new set of Ohlins that's top pin nut decided it would eat a thread halfway down, no clue how or why...but that was a fun waste of time and frustration

Comment

Working...
                              X