Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 M3 FITMENT

If i’m running a 18 x 10 et 24 squared set of BBS E88’s
    is it possible to fit a 245/35/18 in the front?

I’m currently running 265/35 zr 18
    with a 10MM spacer to clear my coilovers from rubbing

265​/35 zr 18 is pictured below

fitment is somewhat “aggressive” and will need -3 / -5
    negative camber to tuck under the front fender

setup would be easier to run, if I didn’t have
    to run a spacer on the front to clear coilovers
    Attached Files

Lot of things are possible; doesn't mean it's good or right.

I'd look to swap springs (if yours are too large of a diameter) before running wrong tires and wheel sizes/offsets. Not just smaller diameter springs, but you could also try shorter (to an extent) to get the perch over the tire.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Which coilovers do you have? Trying to imagine how those would be rubbing at that ride height.
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
        Which coilovers do you have? Trying to imagine how those would be rubbing at that ride height.
        I'm running BC BR Coilovers, with RA top mounts for camber adjustment in the front.
        I'm rubbing on the coilover without a spacer most likely because of how the suspension is set up

Tires rub on fender well at full lock, so I was wondering if less meat up front (245/35) would be more adequate
        or if it even fit over 18 x 10 et 24 wheels. (Sorry kind of a noob to all this, but we all have fitment dreams)

Comment

Yea for sure, I get it. I don't know about BC clearances specifically, I have KW Clubsports which are considered low clearance and hard to fit. I have 18x10 ET25 wheels with 275 NT01s on them, they do clear but you can't be super low. It will rub the spring or spring perch if the ride height is too low, or you gotta use a spacer. Or change the coilover lol. Pick your compromise unfortunately. I'm sure it's the same for yours.

You could go to a 245, that would help if it's the tire and not the actual inner edge of the wheel that's rubbing. 245 would be moderately stretched on a 10" wheel. Whether or not you like the look and way it drives is just going to be subjective.
          http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
          '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
          '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Yea for sure, I get it. I don't know about BC clearances specifically, I have KW Clubsports which are considered low clearance and hard to fit. I have 18x10 ET25 wheels with 275 NT01s on them, they do clear but you can't be super low. It will rub the spring or spring perch if the ride height is too low, or you gotta use a spacer. Or change the coilover lol. Pick your compromise unfortunately. I'm sure it's the same for yours.

You could go to a 245, that would help if it's the tire and not the actual inner edge of the wheel that's rubbing. 245 would be moderately stretched on a 10" wheel. Whether or not you like the look and way it drives is just going to be subjective.
            Bro it's so nice to hear from someone with a similar setup.

Comment

This. You just need to run a coilover that uses a 6" (I think) spring up front so the spring perch is high enough that it clears the wheel.
              E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
              Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

You can get a narrower tire or a lower profile tire. Even a 255x35 could help, but you need to play around spacing it in/out vs your suspension and fenders. Fender liner, especially in front needs to be trimmed with x10 wheels and wide tires as they rub in turns.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X