IND | Rogue Engineering E46 M3 Aluminum Lifting Block Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IND | Rogue Engineering E46 M3 Aluminum Lifting Block Set

On the BMW E46 chassis, the plastic “jack pad” is a common weak point. Issues associated with them include:
    • Factory jackpad often gets damaged, destroyed or just falls off and gets lost.
    • Attachment point for the chassis gets ‘pushed in’, requiring additional support like a hockey puck when using a floor jack. With additional spacers, the side skirt can get damaged from the lift post arm/floor jack.

For E46 M3 owners, we have come up with a simple, durable, solution for the rear of the car. Our specially designed lifting blocks between a stronger, alternative chassis point and the factory V-brace attachment. Instead of a plastic pad, these blocks are CNC’d from 6061 aluminum and anodized for durability. Instead of being installed in the weak, vulnerable spot on the chassis that is easily damaged, we now take advantage of a point on the lower part of the body that has a boxed support.

The lifting blocks extend down 1” from the body, equally the previous position of the OEM jack pad and installation is possible while the car is on the ground using a simple 16mm socket and ratchet.

Sold only as a pair. Available in anodized black (for an OEM look) or anodized red (for easier visibility).

The Rogue Engineering E46 M3 Aluminum Lifting Block Set may be viewed at the following link to our online store:
    On the BMW E46 chassis, the plastic “jack pad” is a common weak point. Issues associated with them include: Factory jackpad often gets damaged, destroyed or just falls off and gets lost. Attachment point for the chassis gets ‘pushed in’, requiring additional support like a hockey puck when using a floor jack. With additional spacers, the side skirt can get damaged from the lift post arm/floor jack. For E46 M3 owners, we have come up with a simple, durable, solution for the rear of the car. Our specially designed lifting blocks between a stronger, alternative chassis point and the factory V-brace attachment. Instead of a plastic pad, these blocks are CNC’d from 6061 aluminum and anodized for durability. Instead of being installed in the weak, vulnerable spot on the chassis that is easily damaged, we now take advantage of a point on the lower part of the body that has a boxed support. The lifting blocks extend down 1” from the body, equally the previous position of the OEM jack pad and installation is possible while the car is on the ground using a simple 16mm socket and ratchet. Sold only as a pair. Available in anodized black (for an OEM look) or anodized red (for easier visibility).

Please contact IND by phone or email for more information or to place your order.
    866.963.4520 | info@ind-distribution.com

IND DISTRIBUTION | 847-963-4520 • INSTAGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEFLICKR

I moved this to the e46 main section, because it is new/novel and addresses an e46 chassis weak point.

Nice idea!

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Pretty cool
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

clever solution

Comment

Is this only for the front or is there a rear brace in the rear that you can attach this to?

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
            Is this only for the front or is there a rear brace in the rear that you can attach this to?
            If you look at the second picture, you'll see their brace, the cut outs look like they can except the OEM style V-brace as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My pads are pretty chewed up from the PO, was planning on replacing them with OEM. What a great idea from Rogue, will most likely get their V-Brace as well in anticipation of undercarriage cleaning/dry icing.

Comment

Would there be an issue with spacing out a structural brace like this? I'm guessing that it is better the have the brace bolted directly to the chassis.

Also, how would you position a set of quickjack to lift at that V-brace point? The QJs would be at a slight angle.

Comment

The metal on my jack point/jack stand points is tearing through in some areas. Pretty nerve racking although i put backup stands wheels or a jack on all four corners. Def would like to see a solution for all 4 corners to reinforce or repair those areas.

Comment

Would have been nice to not have the giant cutout in it and be more of a flat or at least uniform surface?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                      Would have been nice to not have the giant cutout in it and be more of a flat or at least uniform surface?
                      The cutout is for the v brace, no?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

The cutout is for the v brace, no?
                        Yeah but now the specially made dedicated jacking point is missing like 50% of its surface and has a weird shape that won't nicely fit a floor jack, bottle jack, jack stand, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

Yeah but now the specially made dedicated jacking point is missing like 50% of its surface and has a weird shape that won't nicely fit a floor jack, bottle jack, jack stand, etc?
                          I guess we’d have to get one in person to see, but I’d envision a jack cup fits around it and by sitting prouder than the v brace, creates an edge so the jack doesn’t slip off when raising/lowering.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I think that cutout is a non issue, I've lifted vehicles straight off that bolt before in a pinch, this solution can only be better than that.

Clever idea, but part of me feels like its a solution looking for a problem.
                            '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
                            Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
                            Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by jpy1980 View Post
                              This appears to be only for the Rear. No front use.
                              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Working...
                              X