Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been gone a while... what's new? (parts, maintenance, general forum stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was surprised to hear about TTFS as well. My results were positive, but SMG tune only. I use a different tuner for engine tunes, just because YMMV and I’m not all that interested in trouble. The more you push the limit the more trouble you find, is my experience with these German tuners. They’re pretty close from the factory, so beyond that is just trouble waiting for a victim.

Great thread tho... please carry on.

maw

Comment

This post is awesome. I was away for a bit, back now and there are some nuggets I'm still figuring out. So far I know I was Hassan for my tune whenever Karbonius starts shipping out boxes again.
      Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

wish i had this thread a year ago when i bought an e46 m3 again to convert into my track car. i felt like i missed out on a ton of drama since 2008. gosh i feel old. #getoffmylawn #removeyourstupidburbletunes
        2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
        2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Originally posted by T-Rex View Post

That sounds like a nightmare. I will say I am going with Kassel's tune for the Turner airbox that should be arriving soon (along with their MAP solution), and am very much looking forward to it.
          Same here! Turner box with Kassel’s tune, can’t wait (my air box should arrive mid January) Make sure to post your results.

Comment

Originally posted by Thonas View Post

Same here! Turner box with Kassel’s tune, can’t wait (my air box should arrive mid January) Make sure to post your results.
            I went with HTE after my first tune was crap - I would urge you to save the $350 and just go HTE from the start!
            Ehhh, I haven't seen one started yet?, and I'm not the guy that's gonna do it...but we need another dyno thread! EDIT: Is everyone ok w/this being the official dyno thread moving forward? Ok, well, I guess that this will serve as the new Official Dyno Database-by default.:D All graphs are welcome, but plz try to include as

Comment

Followed T-Rez’s advice and had Kassel not write a tune to my HP ECU and had them just perform the CSL ECU upgrade. Hassan at HTE nailed the tune. Smooth power to redline.

Comment

Originally posted by ra2fanatic View Post
                Followed T-Rez’s advice and had Kassel not write a tune to my HP ECU and had them just perform the CSL ECU upgrade. Hassan at HTE nailed the tune. Smooth power to redline.
                This definitely seems to be the consensus!

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

+1 on Kassel hardware and Hassan tune ^
                  TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

This thread should be sticky'd for OGs who make a reappearance! Ive owned my car since 2005 and was a member of M3forum since 2001 and e46fanatics since 2003. I took a 6 year break from all forums and did nothing but some basic maintenance to my car here and there. It sat parked from 2017- covid 2020. Once Covid hit and we were all trapped in our houses it was game over from there.

Thank goodness I read up and saw SG was a shittier company than when I left. I tried to convince all the fan boys back then but according to them I dont know what Im talking about lol.

Feels good to be back

Comment

Working...
                    X