Tipping Transport drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tipping Transport drivers?

Is it typical to tip a transport driver? If so how much?

My M3 is due for delivery on Tuesday from CA (I’m in NJ) and wanted to get opinions. Obviously tipping is dependent on how well of a job they do but am interested in others thoughts.

If the delivery is in a particularly difficult spot I would. But just a normal curbside delivery I wouldn't.

Comment

Dang. When I took delivery of a car I won at Barrett-Jackson tipping never even came across my mind.

Comment

I tipped mine like $50, but I don’t think it was necessary considering I paid nearly $3k to have the car transported to an easily accessible destination. Hell the guy prob should’ve tipped me since I had to help him move a Porsche motor and trans in crates lol.
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Haha I doubt a I’ll be getting a tip, but this should be an easy drop off and was an easy pickup, so no tip sounds fair.

Comment

I just took delivery on Wednesday of my M3 and the driver went through a little rehearsed spiel that included “tips are allowed and appreciated”. He was really careful with the car, so I gave him an extra 40 bucks.

Comment

I'll play. Hell no. I'm completely over tipping culture. Charge me what you believe you're worth, I'll pay that. No sob stories, no puppy dog eyes, you're a grown ass adult, just do your job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dbutler View Post
                I just took delivery on Wednesday of my M3 and the driver went through a little rehearsed spiel that included “tips are allowed and appreciated”. He was really careful with the car, so I gave him an extra 40 bucks.
                It's sad how the poor guy has to beg for tips man. Was he a millennial with no social skills or an older guy?

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
                I'll play. Hell no. I'm completely over tipping culture. Charge me what you believe you're worth, I'll pay that. No sob stories, no puppy dog eyes, you're a grown ass adult, just do your job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I came here to say this. Tipping culture has passed the tipping point here in LA. No more tips from me except at restaurants.

For this transport situation I'd just have a twenty ready in case he pauses in anticipation of a tip. You don't actually know how well of a job they did and some guys will quickly leave after their job is done with no anticipation of a tip. Feel it out.
                2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

I tipped the guy when I got my car delivered.
                  http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                  '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                  '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Reminds me of the scene in Reservoir Dogs with Steve Buschemi.
                    /// 2004 SG/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ugaexploder View Post
                      Reminds me of the scene in Reservoir Dogs with Steve Buschemi.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

hahahaha that’s perfect
                        /// 2004 SG/IR - Build Thread

Comment

Gave the guy $20, he was pleasant, communicated well and it was hot as hell the last few days. He seemed to appreciate the gesture.

Comment

Since when are we tipping car delivery guys? I paid to get the car delivered - that includes loading and unloading. I honestly never even thought about this.
                            BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
                              Since when are we tipping car delivery guys? I paid to get the car delivered - that includes loading and unloading. I honestly never even thought about this.
                              Since COVID?

Comment

Working...
                              X