Interesting article from Hagerty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article from Hagerty

Reading this made me even more grateful for this forum and community.

Thanks to those who do the work to keep this place up and running and to everyone that contributes here.

D-O
    Old, not obsolete.

The author correctly pointed out that FB groups are superficial and very rudimentary. I personally feel like FB groups are forums for dummies which explains their popularity. I'm not saying FB groups can't be useful from time to time but there is no doubt they are sub-par compared to what we have here. I closed my account a long long long time ago. My wife has one which I can access if I have to get on the mind numbingly stupid social media horse shite of a site for some purpose. F%$k FB. All FB ever did was demonstrate how dumb a considerable percentage of the world's population really is.
    Last edited by oceansize; 07-14-2024, 04:21 PM.
    3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

All I know for sure about FB is that I want no part of it.
      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

The Facebook is definitely suffering from the same questions asked over and over. It’s nice for a quick replies if you need visual or audio media aids, such quick pic snapped of how something goes together, or a lazy exhaust sound clip video not worthy of YouTube. It does suffer from the same a-hole attitudes that are rampant on twitter. Which is a bit surprising with the lower degree of anonymity.

Comment

I use FB strictly for the market place, I've found it to be better than Craigslist.

Comment

FB groups are good for selling stuff, that's about it. Shame what its done to the golden years of forums.

Comment

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post
              FB groups are good for selling stuff, that's about it. Shame what its done to the golden years of forums.
              It really is. Finding information via a FB group is cancer. I only use FB for Marketplace as well.
              Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
              Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

Another only use facebook for markerplace member here.

~5 years ago I spent an afternoon deleting every single thing I ever posted to facebook, and untagging myself from anything I was ever tagged into. Big project :P

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                2012 LMB/Black 128i
                2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I talk to that Author often at local car meets, great guy and friend. I think there is some great info shared on those FB forums, but archival of information is abysmal so so it get lost in seas of all the other terrible post. The app just isn't meant as a tool to search info, it's meant to push content that gets engagement. It's really only good for marketplace.
                  Last edited by samthejam; 07-15-2024, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Agree with the overall FB comments. But OTOH the E39 M5 owner's group is active and informative.
                    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, Lightwerkz retrofit. MRegistry listing here

Comment

It kills me when someone posts a DIY or something in a Facebook group because I know it's going to be impossible to find 3 days later.

Comment

Originally posted by Cronenberged View Post
                        I use FB strictly for the market place, I've found it to be better than Craigslist.
                        Yeah I haven't touched CL since marketplace became a thing. Doesn't help they added fees.

Comment

FB to buy/sell stuff, Reddit if I want internet hugs, and forums for discussions and guides and actual helpful stuff. Except for the MB forum…all those guys talk about are their straight line times, and very little talk about important things like DIYs.
                          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Interested read through the article. Odd that there was no mention of Reddit. Reddit car subs make Facebook groups look like science forums. I'm so thankful this forum was resurrected, along with forums like Quattroworld where it's filled with old-timers and techs that actually know what they're talking about.

Comment

It’s really sad how there’s not really a good e36 forum anymore, the MForum has a fraction of the previous active members of the golden days, the guys who remain are the good ones though. E36 Facebook groups are exactly what you’d expect them to be lol. I’m glad this forum exists for the e46, there’s no question that you get better info here, and less of the “subframe inspected” crowd.
                              http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                              '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                              '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Working...
                              X