Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to clean/condition your seats/interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got an M3 that sat outside for 2 years and the front seats are rock hard or what some would call cardboard leather.

I did one treatment of leatherique, letting it sit for 24 hours but didn't notice any real improvement.

Anyone got another product to try for this, tips, advice? Or should I pony up for some new seats.

Comment

Originally posted by andyitslit View Post
      I got an M3 that sat outside for 2 years and the front seats are rock hard or what some would call cardboard leather.

I did one treatment of leatherique, letting it sit for 24 hours but didn't notice any real improvement.

Anyone got another product to try for this, tips, advice? Or should I pony up for some new seats.
      Do it again for 3 days in high heat with regular re-application when it's absorbed. 24 hours isn't near enough for hard leather.

Comment

there's no magic in a bottle - if your leathers fukd, its fukd

Comment

Where do you guys buy your Leatherique? Direct? Their official store looks like something out of the 90s so I just wanted to ask 😂
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

If you’re leather is really messed up look up furniture clinic/ le tech. Leather restoration that can be done at home.

Comment

Originally posted by r4dr View Post
              Where do you guys buy your Leatherique? Direct? Their official store looks like something out of the 90s so I just wanted to ask 😂
              I buy it direct, yes.

I actually appreciate it when companies don't have obnoxious modern web sites with scroll jacking, videos playing, ads, etc.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I started late at night so I don't have the best before pictures. I had it sitting in the heat for almost 3 days. It's definitely softer but my driver seat has the cracks more pronounced now. Steering wheel looks and feels a lot better at least.

Edit: Having trouble with some photos so I'll just say the first photo is the only before photo. It actually looks better then the after.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Circa Surviven; 06-06-2020, 11:18 PM.
                Garage:
                2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post
                  I started late at night so I don't have the best before pictures. I had it sitting in the heat for almost 3 days. It's definitely softer but my driver seat has the cracks more pronounced now. Steering wheel looks and feels a lot better at least.
                  Yeah, unfortunately, if the cracks are bad, a good cleaner can make them look worse since it cleans out all the crud that's in the cracks that is smoothing them over and making them look less severe than they actually are. But glad they're softer!

Comment

I used something comparable to this. Professional detailers say you shouldn't use the combo spray for longevity so I split the two. I'll wipe off the cleaner real well and then apply the conditioner. I watch AMMONYC on youtube and he seems legit. Chemical guys sell them separate as well. It makes sense to remove the cleaner from the leather.

https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G551...1571029&sr=8-5
                    This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

+1 for Leatherique. I typically apply it over 3-4 days when it'll be sunny and hot, and reapply the conditioner multiple times. Also, during reapplication, I will spritz a few gentle sprays of distilled water while covering the seats in a plastic trash bag. Leather does feel softer.

Comment

Simple mild soap solution to get the grease and salt out. Then Meguiars does the rest.
                        I think the key is consistency. Better to do it once every season with an average product rather than to do it once a year with an expensive one

Comment

Working...
                        X