No announcement yet.

M3 advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you say option what do you mean? I think many of people here would prefer as little options as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
      When you say option what do you mean? I think many of people here would prefer as little options as possible.
      Heated seats, washer headlights, sunroof, premium package, Harmon kardon audio, and 2003.5

Comment

Originally posted by M/Anthony View Post

Heated seats, washer headlights, sunroof, premium package, Harmon kardon audio, and 2003.5
        Not trying to be rude, but those usually are the options that people don't want and are fairly common. I don't see why you should have trouble finding a car with these. Maybe consider cars that are a bit further away from you?
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

remember that on almost 20 year old cars those are big money suckers to keep them working :-) I never used sunroof in my life on any car I owned hehe. IMO If you are gonna do some major work on the car just focus on decent chassis and color. Another thing to not forget with these cars now -- interior parts are more expensive to replace then actual "car parts".

Comment

Originally posted by Cbouts View Post
            I wouldn't look at financing unless you have the money already saved and can negotiate a better deal because of the financing. Just save up cash so you can cut a check. Rate on a 10K loan is not going to be a wise use of money.
            No way with banks, but if you have access to a good credit union you can probably get a pretty decent rate even on an old used car. I financed my M3 through my school's credit union at 2.85%, it's a 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Not trying to be rude, but those usually are the options that people don't want and are fairly common. I don't see why you should have trouble finding a car with these. Maybe consider cars that are a bit further away from you?
              Don’t worry your not being rude, I can see options do break it will be bone stock for the first year and then will see upgrades. The only definite option I need is a sunroof, I never drive without one. My worry is condition with further away, that Dakar yellow is really temperibg me. I will be Able to put money down a lot too, hoping I will get better interest rate and loan. Thanks guys!

Comment

Don’t worry your not being rude, I can see options do break it will be bone stock for the first year and then will see upgrades. The only definite option I need is a sunroof, I never drive without one. My worry is condition with further away, that Dakar yellow is really temperibg me. I will be Able to put money down a lot too, hoping I will get better interest rate and loan. Thanks guys!
                A lot of people shit on having sunroofs on these cars because racecar, but if I didn't have a convertible I'd definitely want a sunroof too. It just makes driving nicer!

If you're set on financing I again strongly recommend seeing if you qualify for any local credit unions and seeing what kind of rates they give on old used car loans. In my case it was way, way lower than you could ever hope to get from a dealership, and also opens up your possibilities to privately owned cars.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

A lot of people shit on having sunroofs on these cars because racecar, but if I didn't have a convertible I'd definitely want a sunroof too. It just makes driving nicer!

If you're set on financing I again strongly recommend seeing if you qualify for any local credit unions and seeing what kind of rates they give on old used car loans. In my case it was way, way lower than you could ever hope to get from a dealership, and also opens up your possibilities to privately owned cars.
                  Honestly driving without a sunroof is just boring and not nearly as fun as it is having one. Always had mine opened every time I drove it, expect rain haha. I am looking to get a convertible m3 in the long future. Ok thanks, I will look at credit unions, I would much rather get the Smallest interest rate as I can. Ok I that is good information to hear, thanks again!

Comment

Honestly driving without a sunroof is just boring and not nearly as fun as it is having one. Always had mine opened every time I drove it, expect rain haha. I am looking to get a convertible m3 in the long future. Ok thanks, I will look at credit unions, I would much rather get the Smallest interest rate as I can. Ok I that is good information to hear, thanks again!
                    If you actually want a convertible long term, consider it now: you'll spend *a lot* less on a convertible in good mechanical shape than you will a coupe. I got mine with 45k miles on it for $12k. A 45k mile coupe would cost more than double that.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB88 View Post

If you actually want a convertible long term, consider it now: you'll spend *a lot* less on a convertible in good mechanical shape than you will a coupe. I got mine with 45k miles on it for $12k. A 45k mile coupe would cost more than double that.
                      The temptation... Honestly it does depend, I’ve thought about that through, just the money isn’t there yet especially since I need a car and trying to build an engine thsi year. Maybe next summer or half a decade when high mileage m3s go for even cheaper. I want a bone stock everything M3 very anyway

Comment

I don’t see the good deal here. For just a few thousand more $ you could get one with lower miles and it will last a lot longer. The interior kinda looks shiny and greasy but it correlates with the mileage. The car probly needs work. Do you want a silver car?

for the options, I agree. I wanted a sunroof, Harman Kardon speakers, heated seats, etc. I don’t track my car, it’s a street car and the amenities come in handy even if it adds a few extra pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Bostonbruck View Post
                          I don’t see the good deal here. For just a few thousand more $ you could get one with lower miles and it will last a lot longer. The interior kinda looks shiny and greasy but it correlates with the mileage. The car probly needs work. Do you want a silver car?

for the options, I agree. I wanted a sunroof, Harman Kardon speakers, heated seats, etc. I don’t track my car, it’s a street car and the amenities come in handy even if it adds a few extra pounds.
                          I haven’t found a M3 for a little bit more that appears as clean. I want to stay as far away from silver as possible.

Comment

Also, how would I be able to make an higher milage car look like and feel like one with 100k or less miles. I detail pretty well, and basic rod bearing and subframe can be done, since I work with a steel fab shop. Beside bushings and fluids what else?

Comment

It'd be easier to list what doesn't need replacing. Hope you got another $10k for the resto.
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                                Hope you got another $10k for the resto.
                                At least
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X