Coolant gauge slightly past middle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

E46 m3 coolant gauge is not buffered like e36 m3 or e46 non m. His issue is that his cooling system isn’t functioning as it should but he doesn’t want to hear it.
    Or it is working within its range according to BMW and I just don't have a strong desire to throw away perfectly serviceable parts based on your arbitrary service interval.

Comment

There’s only 1 way to completely solve the problem. Purchase install a new cooling system - level 3, and don’t worry about cooling for another 100k miles

Comment

I have owned (2) e46 M3s, one brand new. I never seen it go past half.

Today it was in the 90s outside here, AC on and after a spirited run this is what my gauge was showing:

Comment

So... two days after I order a thermostat, mine decides to shit the bed and it almost overheated. What timing huh?

Comment

I have absolutely everything fresh on my cooling system, new rad, hoses, tank, TS, pump, coolant, even clutch fan. And I do sometimes see the needle bounce close to 3/4 in traffic on a 110F day here in Texas. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
            BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
            https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

I haven’t run an clutched fan for 4 years and have had zero issues.

I have driven in all manner of conditions including summer in Death Valley, Nevada and Arizona with the AC blasting while driving for hours on end because road trip. My needle doesn’t go more than a hair past the middle because my cooling system isn’t tired.

Slideways, you’d do well to take advice from people that have many years and many hundreds of thousands of miles worth of experience with what is or isn’t “normal” for these cars.
              2003.5 Carbon Black ///M3 @_weaponM
              MCS | Supersprint | CAE | TC Design | Momo | Schroth | Rogue | Turner | Bimmerworld | Vorshlag | Hyperco | AKG

Comment

Originally posted by nervous24 View Post
                I haven’t run an clutched fan for 4 years and have had zero issues.

I have driven in all manner of conditions including summer in Death Valley, Nevada and Arizona with the AC blasting while driving for hours on end because road trip. My needle doesn’t go more than a hair past the middle because my cooling system isn’t tired.

Slideways, you’d do well to take advice from people that have many years and many hundreds of thousands of miles worth of experience with what is or isn’t “normal” for these cars.
                You should read the post above yours.

Comment

Working...
                X