288/280 vs 280/272 cams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you both.

just to be clear, i have no problem to buy new rocker arms and my plan is to change all of them. My problem is that i need to change both cams and would love to uprade it to schricks. But then i «HAVE» to use schricks arms wich is not possible to get until late 2024, so then my question is what do i do? Dont want to damage the new cams with new OEM rockers and losse waranty and will need new replacement once again.

maybe CatCams 288/280 could be a alternative to the schricks

Comment

Originally posted by Snagg30 View Post
      Thank you both.

just to be clear, i have no problem to buy new rocker arms and my plan is to change all of them. My problem is that i need to change both cams and would love to uprade it to schricks. But then i «HAVE» to use schricks arms wich is not possible to get until late 2024, so then my question is what do i do? Dont want to damage the new cams with new OEM rockers and losse waranty and will need new replacement once again.

maybe CatCams 288/280 could be a alternative to the schricks
      Yes, you can also get catcams together with their set of arms. That way you have warranty.

Comment

I have a used set of Schricks 280/272 cams, best option to install them would be new Schricks rockers arms or OEM rockers would be good too?
        2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
        2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
        2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

You're currently going down the same rabbit hole I did, with 288/280 camshafts with required DLC coated rocker arms
          which stated are currently on backorder until "late 2024" meaning we have to source alternatives if we want to go this route

Interested in the 280/272 setup, if anyone has in stock links. Already done one hell of a run around sourcing information.
          The quicker and more reputable the lead, the better for future enthusiast and current members of the forum.

There's a set of 288/280 on Ebay going for $2999 that are used/older (not an option for me)
          then there's the set on BimmerWorld going for $1649.99 but you still need said coated rocker arms.

Turner has them available (you will need 24 for a complete set)

Please let me know if any of this helps or if another member of the forum can correct any of the information i've provided.
          Last edited by M3INABUFU; 03-24-2024, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M3INABUFU View Post
            You're currently going down the same rabbit hole I did, with 288/280 camshafts with required DLC coated rocker arms
            which stated are currently on backorder until "late 2024" meaning we have to source alternatives if we want to go this route

Interested in the 280/272 setup, if anyone has in stock links. Already done one hell of a run around sourcing information.
            The quicker and more reputable the lead, the better for future enthusiast and current members of the forum.

There's a set of 288/280 on Ebay going for $2999 that are used/older (not an option for me)
            then there's the set on BimmerWorld going for $1649.99 but you still need said coated rocker arms.

Turner has them available (you will need 24 for a complete set)

Please let me know if any of this helps or if another member of the forum can correct any of the information i've provided.
            Turner definitely does not have them in stock. Turner is ECS . ECS are the masters of saying they have something in stock to grab your money then have you wait forever to get your item with nothing but excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

Turner definitely does not have them in stock. Turner is ECS . ECS are the masters of saying they have something in stock to grab your money then have you wait forever to get your item with nothing but excuses.
              I'd honestly beg to differ, I haven't had an issue with either as far as stock. If you'd like to reassure your purchase just call before spending the money.
              But like I said beforehand, everything i'v ever ordered from Turner/ECS came without issue.

Comment

I'd honestly beg to differ, I haven't had an issue with either as far as stock. If you'd like to reassure your purchase just call before spending the money.
                But like I said beforehand, everything i'v ever ordered from Turner/ECS came without issue.
                Well I am glad you feel so confident about Turner/ECS. Let’s put that confidence to the test.

Since Turner/ECS has them in stock or can get them in 4 days, how about you place an order for 24 DLC followers. Since they are in stock you should get them right away. If you can get them within 3 weeks. I will buy them from you and pay you $250 extra on top of the cost of the followers.

Easiest $250 you will make. Just post a screenshot of your order to confirm you placed the order so we can start to clock.

Comment

Well I am glad you feel so confident about Turner/ECS. Let’s put that confidence to the test.

Since Turner/ECS has them in stock or can get them in 4 days, how about you place an order for 24 DLC followers. Since they are in stock you should get them right away. If you can get them within 3 weeks. I will buy them from you and pay you $250 extra on top of the cost of the followers.

Easiest $250 you will make. Just post a screenshot of your order to confirm you placed the order so we can start to clock.
                  I'm not coming at you in anyway, this is simply just from purchasing their products over the last 4 years. No issues.
                  It's very easy to call any vendor to make sure something is in stock vs. just buying it. Smarter > Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post
                    I have a used set of Schricks 280/272 cams, best option to install them would be new Schricks rockers arms or OEM rockers would be good too?
                    You would probably have to go with new rockers. Schrick will not honor any warranty if they determine that DLC rockers were not used. Not worth the risk and headache especially when cams are already a pain to install. Cams should be a one and done affair.

Schrick is going to have a flood of orders once they become available again.

Comment

I'm not coming at you in anyway, this is simply just from purchasing their products over the last 4 years. No issues.
                      It's very easy to call any vendor to make sure something is in stock vs. just buying it. Smarter > Harder.
                      What I am saying is from experience. It’s well known that these are on backorder worldwide and have been since last year. No vendor, if they are being honest, will give you a timeframe as to when the rockers will be available. Almost all vendors changed their website to show that these are backordered but turner/ECS magically has the ability to get them in 4 days. I am positive if you placed the order they would take your money, keep pushing your order back and make excuses as to why you have not gotten it yet until you finally ask for a refund.

I am glad you haven’t been stung yet but it doesn’t mean you won’t. You will get a lot of mixed reviews on turner/ECS. Turner went downhill after ECS bought them out.

Comment

What I am saying is from experience. It’s well known that these are on backorder worldwide and have been since last year. No vendor, if they are being honest, will give you a timeframe as to when the rockers will be available. Almost all vendors changed their website to show that these are backordered but turner/ECS magically has the ability to get them in 4 days. I am positive if you placed the order they would take your money, keep pushing your order back and make excuses as to why you have not gotten it yet until you finally ask for a refund.

I am glad you haven’t been stung yet but it doesn’t mean you won’t. You will get a lot of mixed reviews on turner/ECS. Turner went downhill after ECS bought them out.
                        No worries, was just trying to lead members in the right direction. The information is more valuable and it's all I have on hand right now as far as 288/280 setup.
                        Hopefully I could help any of those who search in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyn View Post
                          I am many others have used the BMW 320i / 11-33-7-549-034 rockers without issue.
                          Martyn iirc you used cat cams with bmw followers. Did you install the pressure relief valves and oil bridge? Asking cause I have a set of cat cams and a set of schrick followers and wondering if it is safe to install them (pm'ed u on fb as well)

Comment

Originally posted by gorilla69 View Post

Martyn iirc you used cat cams with bmw followers. Did you install the pressure relief valves and oil bridge? Asking cause I have a set of cat cams and a set of schrick followers and wondering if it is safe to install them (pm'ed u on fb as well)
                            I use cat cams 296/288 with the E92 320si followers. I do not use the oil bridge. I have talked to some motorsports teams, according to their feedback it increases oil flow to the head but at the expense of the crank, so rod and main bearings may not receive as much oil. They don't use it, hence I opted not to use it. I haven't put many miles on the rebuilt motor. Maybe in summer after some track days I can tell from my own experience if I am having issues.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X