No announcement yet.

288/280 vs 280/272 cams.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to update this I went with the 288/280 combo as recommended to me.

Comment

If you aren’t overspeeding the blower yes the added duration helps at higher rpm which is where a centrifugal blower is efficient at making boost.

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
        I'm somewhere between 10 and 15k on my 288/280s with stock followers with no abnormal wear to report.
        Same boat here.

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
          There is also an alternative to Schrick followers: E90 320is stock followers. Same design as S54, just coated from the factory. Seems BMW learned from something....
          These used to be quite cheap by comparison, but recently they have increase the price.
          This should be big news...

Can anyone confirm the part number in question?

I've looked up the part numbers using RealOEM and then priced them. The E90 320is looks to be 11337549034 and is 48 Euros on the Leebmann site (@ $57 USD). The S54 rockers are part number 11337833259 and are around $55 USD in the US. Would hate to order them from Leebmann in Germany and find that they aren't the correct part...

Comment

Rocker arm 3er (11337549034) is what I ordered and used

Comment

Originally posted by M3KVU View Post
              Just to update this I went with the 288/280 combo as recommended to me.
              When will we see the before and after dyno figures?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael9218 View Post

I've looked up the part numbers using RealOEM and then priced them. The E90 320is looks to be 11337549034 and is 48 Euros on the Leebmann site (@ $57 USD). The S54 rockers are part number 11337833259 and are around $55 USD in the US. Would hate to order them from Leebmann in Germany and find that they aren't the correct part...

Yeah they are known. Also used on the P54 engine. Basically identical to the stock S54 fingers, except have a DLC coating. No reason to spend big money on the Schricks while those are available.

Comment

Hi guys! If someone got 288/280 or 280/272 - dm plz, intrested in buying

Comment

Originally posted by Michael9218 View Post

I cant find these anywhere that ships to Canada except for Schmiedmann. Im gathering numerous members here are running this part number with the 288s? This should be huge news, thats considerable savings. Updates on builds with this part number would be amazing. Martyn
                    2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

No issues using them at all.

Comment

Out of topic but didn’t want to open a new thread. What are the valve clearance specs for the 272/280 CatCams? I’m assuming it isn’t the same as factory the S54 valve clearance specs?

Comment

Originally posted by /M3 View Post
                          Out of topic but didn’t want to open a new thread. What are the valve clearance specs for the 272/280 CatCams? I’m assuming it isn’t the same as factory the S54 valve clearance specs?
                          It would be good to add valve clearance specs for Schrick cams as well for both 272/280 and 280/288.
                          2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Originally posted by /M3 View Post
                            I had a short e-mail conversation with CatCams about this, and here is their reply:

Regarding valve clearance: don't go on rumors but on datasheets:
                            http://www.catcams.com/tabid/340/Def...nguage=english
                            I'd go on intake 0.20mm / exhaust 0.25mm, measured at the valve tip. Due to the rocker ratio, the measured clearance between the lobe and the rocker arm is smaller.

I was in two minds about the last part of the message, "measured at the valve tip". But I ended up following these clearances with the tip of the cam pointing 180 degrees away from the follower/valve. I've yet to hear any ticks or notice anything abnormal after about 1500kms, the car runs strong on a Hassan remote tune. Will soon change the oil and recheck clearances for peace of mind.

Regards

Comment

the lash specs come on the camcard and are also available on the suppliers websites.

normally you measure between the shim (effectively valve tip) and the follower.

You can also do between the lobe base circle and follower but you need to account for the follower ratio which on s54 is like 1 or slightly more. this sometime helps on old engines when the stem of the valve gets dished and the feeler gives a false reading but should not be required nor is it recomended.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                                the lash specs come on the camcard and are also available on the suppliers websites.

normally you measure between the shim (effectively valve tip) and the follower.

You can also do between the lobe base circle and follower but you need to account for the follower ratio which on s54 is like 1 or slightly more. this sometime helps on old engines when the stem of the valve gets dished and the feeler gives a false reading but should not be required nor is it recomended.
                                Didn't know you were suppose to measure between the follower and the shim/valve. I did mine between the lobe base and the follower with .20 and .25 clearance. I do find it a bit strange that CatCam representative referred me to the cam spec sheet, which for CatCam says OEM, but for Shrick says .25 on both IN & EX, however I was advised clearances as above. OEM has a range though, .18-.23 for IN and .28--33 for EX according to the torque spec thread chart, so I might be a bit on the tight side on the exhaust side regardless, and I also did mine with a cold engine as it sat over winter.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X