• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys, more useable rpm then shorten the rear end ratio

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      guys, more useable rpm then shorten the rear end ratio
      Yeah I went to 3.91 for that purpose. Kinda feel like 4.1 makes the biggest difference due to the torque increase and faster revs but I chose 3.91 so it felt more "balanced" and OEM.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

Yeah I went to 3.91 for that purpose. Kinda feel like 4.1 makes the biggest difference due to the torque increase and faster revs but I chose 3.91 so it felt more "balanced" and OEM.
        Same. Everybody who has 4.1 gears says that first gear was way too short.
        2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Same here

Comment

I wish I went with a 4.10 instead of a 3.91.

Comment

Honestly, with a good NA "build" i dont think id want more than 3.85. I'll be on track but I wont live there type of thing. Also I dont love paying the liberal tax on gas here in canadia so more revs and 550cc injectors cant be great on the pocket.
              2006 Silber Grau Metalizat ZCP 6 MT M-texture (F2AT) - Turner CSL V2/Schrick 280 272/SSv1/SS Sec1/Sec2 dual res/SCZA TI (raw) - FatCat stage 3 ult 400f/784r - EC7r 18x9.5 ET35/CRS 275/35/18 - RacingBrake BBK/MileEnd CSL bumper/Vorsteiner Trunk/Cobra Nogaro Circuit Mtexture/GC RCA/YURKan Cages/Hotchkiss/Vibra-technics/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/htrlo/

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
                Honestly, with a good NA "build" i dont think id want more than 3.85. I'll be on track but I wont live there type of thing. Also I dont love paying the liberal tax on gas here in canadia so more revs and 550cc injectors cant be great on the pocket.
                550cc injectors don't use more fuel, an NA S54 can't even max them out. But if you're using factory injectors your build will never be able to run max power or even close to it because it lacks the injector overhead to do so. With cams, airbox, headers, bigger exhaust etc the stock injectors will always be an issue.

Comment

I've had a 3.62, 3.73 and a 3.91. I liked the 3.73 the best, it was a slight bump and didn't require extra shifts. A 3.91 does but the shift comes right before a braking zone. So I find myself bouncing off the rev limiter, might as well go with a 4.10 which I don't see any time it would cause another shift.

The 4k RPM pull out of a slower corner is significantly better with a 3.91 over a 3.73. Then if you have cams, shorter gearing puts you in the sweet spot for more time.

Comment

The stock gearing is just so damn perfect that no part of me wants to change it.

On the street, it's not annoying on the highway in 6th. My e60 M5 with 3.91s (previous owner installed) is dramatically worse on the highway because of them.

On the track, it's just right so that 5th and 2nd are almost never needed, so I don't have any worries of money shifting. It's also perfectly ratioed so that you almost never need to shift mid corner on track-- in my old s50B32 e36 track car with 4.10s, I was always running out of RPM mid corner.

IMO BMW nailed it with the stock final drive ratio. I swapped out my LSD, but left that ratio alone.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

This is the final drive ratio that the E9x M3 came with from the factory, right?

Comment

depends dct or 6mt

6mt - 3.85
                        dct - 3.15
                        Last edited by Tbonem3; 01-22-2024, 12:02 PM.
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

550cc injectors don't use more fuel, an NA S54 can't even max them out. But if you're using factory injectors your build will never be able to run max power or even close to it because it lacks the injector overhead to do so. With cams, airbox, headers, bigger exhaust etc the stock injectors will always be an issue.
                          Where to get 550cc injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                            The stock gearing is just so damn perfect that no part of me wants to change it.

On the street, it's not annoying on the highway in 6th. My e60 M5 with 3.91s (previous owner installed) is dramatically worse on the highway because of them.

On the track, it's just right so that 5th and 2nd are almost never needed, so I don't have any worries of money shifting. It's also perfectly ratioed so that you almost never need to shift mid corner on track-- in my old s50B32 e36 track car with 4.10s, I was always running out of RPM mid corner.

IMO BMW nailed it with the stock final drive ratio. I swapped out my LSD, but left that ratio alone.
                            Same here!

Comment

Originally posted by empty View Post

Where to get 550cc injectors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Polmaxracing has them.

Comment

Polmaxracing has them.
                                These to be specific...

2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Working...
                                X