No announcement yet.

What happened to all the members???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone please please return this forum to normal with notifications function back to normal and working.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
      Someone please please return this forum to normal with notifications function back to normal and working.
      The name, lack of notifications and mobile app (coming soon I hear), and ugly UI and various UX issues also contribute to low engagement.

The default template on here is crap. Aesthetically, it looks like web from the 2000s and is completely behind the other forums. It also has some usability issues like page numbering and the various link issues on the For Sale section that can be frustrating.

I've offered this before, mods can reach out to me if they want UX consultation.
      2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
      Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
      Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
      Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
      Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
      Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

The E46 M3 enthusiast user base is well established, but this is still a new forum; it will grow. It is likely there is a large user base that still doesn't know about it.
        IND DISTRIBUTION | 847-963-4520 • INSTAGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEFLICKR

Comment

anybody still involved with this platform will eventually find their way over here. Ive been on a 2 year hiatus and recently got back in a e46 and still found my way back home!

Comment

One reason for me: No tapatalk support. That was the primary way I followed and got notifications from the previous M3Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post
              One reason for me: No tapatalk support. That was the primary way I followed and got notifications from the previous M3Forum.
              You wouldn't need notifications if you visited regularly 😁

Comment

Yep! Same for me

Originally posted by vp special k View Post
                anybody still involved with this platform will eventually find their way over here. Ive been on a 2 year hiatus and recently got back in a e46 and still found my way back home!

Comment

I didn’t know this forum even existed. It randomly popped up in a google search the other night while I was researching some parts. I had been on e46fanatics since the original forum went down but never liked the design or vibe. So glad that this forum is “back up”.
                  2006 Alpine White M3 ZCP 6MT
                  2000 Alpine White Dinan ISR-3 M Roadster
                  2000 Avus Blue M5
                  Few other non-BMWs….

Comment

I say name forum in my head multiple times per day! Also agree with those who don't like the layout. PMs, subscribed posts, etc. it's all so clunky and intuitive to navigate. Notifications and mobile support will get the juices flowing for sure though, and everything else will fix itself over time.

Comment

This forum suck! 😜 No honestly, it used to be so much information on m3f and no matter what you wanted to ask no matter how obvious question is you just search and found everything. Now that knowledge base is gone and it looks like no body want to answer "not interesting" questions here. So some will be restored, but all that any question -- answer environment is gone and will take at least decade to rebuild. 🤔

Comment

M3forum needs to come back.it seems like it's the only solution.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                          I've been working wiith VB support on this problem. Sorry for the delay. Something got messed up in our DB after a database restore & Vbulletin security upgrade. It's insanely frustrating, trust me.

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                          The name, lack of notifications and mobile app (coming soon I hear), and ugly UI and various UX issues also contribute to low engagement.

The default template on here is crap. Aesthetically, it looks like web from the 2000s and is completely behind the other forums. It also has some usability issues like page numbering and the various link issues on the For Sale section that can be frustrating.

I've offered this before, mods can reach out to me if they want UX consultation.
                          You can change the look & feel in your profile settings before. If you have another idea/template/whatever, PM me.

I just installed tapatalk support this morning. Working on testing it now. Should be up and working in a few days.

**EDIT: Okay its all installed, let me know if you have a problem. There is a thread about it in the feedback section.
                          Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
                          Japanrot Red E46 330i Msport k24/dct/turbo Build Thread

Comment

Thank you tapatalk working great 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you tapatalk working great 👍
                              X2...🤙
                              TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
                              Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
                              Evolve Eventuri
                              - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                                i just assumed M3F was temporarily down and then eventually, wanting to peruse the site fell out of habit

recently out of curiosity i figured i'd google to see what actually happened. it took a decent amount of searching and wading through admin drama both past and present before i found the link to this site.
                                Same here...

Comment

Working...
                                X