What happened to all the members???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to all the members???

As of right now, just over 1400 member belong to this forum. Where did all the members from m3forums go to? I know a lot of those were inactive members but we had a lot more activity there. I’m super thankful for those who got this place going to I can’t help but wonder maybe they’re not aware this exist.

Funny, Today I was thinking the same thing. What happened to everybody?

Comment

Wouldn’t allow me to register using safari on mobile so I gave up and randomly tried again a month or so later from my laptop. Maybe others are having trouble registering too

Comment

About once a week I search tapatalk for nam3forum and e46 fanatics pops up. I know many users were on Tapatalk so they may have transitioned to other platforms on the mobile app.

Comment

Taptalk is absolutely awful. Mobile, browser, it all sucks. This website is the best on my phone. I remember this site having some registration issues but I think those have been resolved. Not everything needs and App but I think this website should get it's own if they decide to go that route. I stopped using e46fanatics simply because of Taptalk.
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Not really on topic, but I have been a bit dormant over the last month or so because I no longer get notifications from posts/threads I subscribe to on mobile browser since the last outage (I know Liam is looking into this), and due to more limited time can't browse all threads all the time to keep up to date on everything. Personally, I thought Tapatalk was awesome, but that is a topic for a different thread.
            Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

I'm here. I followed the very long thread on E46 fanatics. It'll take time to build this community up to its former glory.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDave View Post
                I'm here. I followed the very long thread on E46 fanatics. It'll take time to build this community up to its former glory.
                Bingo.

Comment

I think a name closer to the old forum would have been an easier transition. Maybe something like "M3forum2.0.com.

It would have made it easier for people Googling the old forum and seeing the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by x Spades x View Post
                    I think a name closer to the old forum would have been an easier transition. Maybe something like "M3forum2.0.com.

It would have made it easier for people Googling the old forum and seeing the new one.
                    You mean something that doesn’t look like ‘name forum’? Yeah probably a good idea. I guess the founders were more focused on getting it up and running

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post
                      Taptalk is absolutely awful. Mobile, browser, it all sucks. This website is the best on my phone. I remember this site having some registration issues but I think those have been resolved. Not everything needs and App but I think this website should get it's own if they decide to go that route. I stopped using e46fanatics simply because of Taptalk.
                      Any other way to get push notifications to your phone other than an email every time something happens? Thats the main reason I like using Tapatalk.

Comment

+1.. need push notifications somehow .. at least via email would be great.

Comment

The phone app should be up and running soon. At some point in the future we’ll become M3forum.us— though that’s a lower priority than getting notifications working properly again.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i
                          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

OT but somewhat related... has E46Fanatics always been owned by Vertical Scope aka the cartel of internet forums?

Also interestingly enough the M3F thread over there is locked: https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...#post-18785577

It looks like Vertical Scope just migrated E46F over to XenForo too.
                            '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

All the best people are here anyway. Come on!
                              BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

Working...
                              X