Puretech Rear X brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puretech Rear X brace

Does anyone have any experience with this brace? I saw it in a speed academy YouTube video and it looks pretty nice. https://youtu.be/Fy0v9EiSMQI

Puretech is out of Sweden.

Apparently the price is $445 plus $100 shipping. I wonder if they would be willing to do a group buy. Would anyone be interested in one or are there better solutions for similar money locally?

What’s locally? USA? Or specific state?

Comment

Don't have any experience with the brace, but it looks like it only addresses the rear mounts. You would still need to do something about the front mounts.
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
        Don't have any experience with the brace, but it looks like it only addresses the rear mounts. You would still need to do something about the front mounts.
        Thanks for the input. I assume you would use this with the Bimmerworld or turner plates. Wouldn’t that take care of the whole rear subframe?

By local I meant in the US.
        Last edited by LukesM; 06-09-2020, 02:49 AM.

Comment

I have one of these braces on order. I may combine with foam on the front mounts but stiffening the rear mounts should reduce the load on the fronts also.

Comment

I bought one and fitted it a few months back. Haven't had much of a chance to drive the car since, due to lockdown in the UK ☹
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2541.jpg
Views:	5363
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	32675

Comment

Originally posted by Neil I View Post
              I bought one and fitted it a few months back. Haven't had much of a chance to drive the car since, due to lockdown in the UK ☹
              Beautifully made piece.

'05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by LukesM View Post

Thanks for the input. I assume you would use this with the Bimmerworld or turner plates. Wouldn’t that take care of the whole rear subframe?
                Not entirely. You still need to reinforce the front mounts from the top. You could possibly use the foam or a solution similar to the vincebar gusset cups.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

Comment

Not entirely. You still need to reinforce the front mounts from the top. You could possibly use the foam or a solution similar to the vincebar gusset cups.
                  Ahh. I see it now my bad. So it’s more like some additional insurance when coupled with the whole plate fix ( including front top reinforcement) from binmerworld.

Comment

Is this based on evidence? Have people with rear braces seen failures?

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. View Post

Is this based on evidence? Have people with rear braces seen failures?
                      Unfortunately it looks like a good amount of the images are gone, but look through these threads written by VinceSE2 (maker of the vincebar). They explain in great detail how the RACP fails and why/which types of reinforcements are needed.

http://web.archive.org/web/201707312...d.php?t=555302
                      http://web.archive.org/web/201707312...d.php?t=529214

I don't know if anyone with just a rear brace has seen failures in the front mounts, but from what I gather from those threads, topside front mount reinforcements are also necessary to fully solve the issue.

Comment

I also have one but haven't had time to get around to install it. Beautifully made though. I was going to use that in combination with foam.
                        E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                        Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread

Comment

Weights a fcking ton to be so simple.

Comment

Originally posted by liam821 View Post
                            I also have one but haven't had time to get around to install it. Beautifully made though. I was going to use that in combination with foam.
                            Can you weigh it and let us know?

Comment

We haven't yet seen real world results of "only" addressing our RACP with plates and a rear GTR style bar. Note, the GTR bars do tie into strut towers to provide further scaffolding where as the front resolutions only add more material (like the plates do) except for CMP's full solution which ties it all together.

There are cars with no preventative work with no cracks or cracks so small it doesn't matter. there are some with no work and the floor has fallen out. There are cars where plates have been sufficient, and some where it's not. It's hard to know. Go with your gut and what you can afford. But it's not an immediate/catastrophic failure like vanos or rod bearing can be, so take your time researching/saving up.

Weight shouldn't be too big an issue with how easily you can drop weight from the rear of this car (battery, muffler, tool kit/liners/mobility, cf trunk, amp/cd changer delete, etc).
                              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                              X