Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r4dr View Post

They're onto something, you know.
    That is why all the guys I know with Miatas are either swapped or supercharged. The stock engine ones are just speed bumps.

Comment

Originally posted by yhp2009 View Post

Hmm I was always led to believe that oem rack was crap by design? I guess I should check the bushings
      Nope, not crap.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post
        It's a lot more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow.

Jesse
        Totally agree with this. I plan on keeping my E46 forever, and it makes an amazing street and backroad car. I went a different route and built a Lotus Elise as a track machine - super fun and very rewarding to drive at the limit.
        Last edited by gabylonfive; 06-11-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Totally agree with the OP. Been wheel-to-wheel racing for 10 years and the E46 M3 chassis is almost too much car to enjoy on the streets. Very difficult to find its limits safely on public roads.

Doesn't stop me from modding it though!! :-)
          Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
            Not I, NE TN and there are tons of mountainous curvy back country roads and not many people but I'm in a vert with no roll bar and just enough people around to keep me honest.
            Nor I. I live in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. West of the divide 12 miles outa town and 6 miles up a canyon road. Only downside is the mile of dirt and gravel between pavement and my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post

Nor I. I live in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. West of the divide 12 miles outa town and 6 miles up a canyon road. Only downside is the mile of dirt and gravel between pavement and my house.
              Damn, sounds like bliss (minus the gravel mile)

Comment

Originally posted by yhp2009 View Post

Hmm I was always led to believe that oem rack was crap by design? I guess I should check the bushings
                Steering guibo is often a cause of a dead on-center feeling. And if you have an 01, get the 02+ steering guibo since it has a stiffer rubber disc.

Comment

Originally posted by gabylonfive View Post

Totally agree with this. I plan on keeping my E46 forever, and it makes an amazing street and backroad car. I went a different route and built a Lotus Elise as a track machine - super fun and very rewarding to drive at the limit.
                  I have always wanted an Elise. I envy you sir.

Jesse
                  Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by D-O View Post

I have always wanted an Elise. I envy you sir.

Jesse
                    +1

Except an Exige. I'm tracking the one on BaT right now:

Bid for the chance to own a 6k-Mile 2009 Lotus Exige S260 at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #32,744.

I looked at it 10 min ago and it just went up $5k. Likely gonna be too rich for my blood.

Comment

Working...
                    X