• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

i’m getting mine from FCP.
    Awesome thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
      https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...or-34521164458

No lifetime warranty but about 12 bucks cheaper per sensor.
      That’s great. I’ll get two and replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post
        I was going to just do the master cylinder at the same time. But then I saw the price. Is there no OE available for our brake MC?!? $600 is ridiculous

Clutch master cylinder?

Comment

I wish. Brake master is where the sensors are.

Comment

Originally posted by Good View Post
            I’ve been receiving fault code 5E24 (Not Present) ABS-DSC: Pressure Sensor for months now and I’m wondering if the ABS Pressure Sensor is failing or is this the early sign of the whole ABS unit failing? It seems to appear every other drive even after clearing, I have a 2006 with 100,000 miles. Any input is appreciated!

Update I'm still having an issue with "5e24 ABS/DSC Pressure Sensors/not present" fault code, and I've replaced both pressure sensors with Genuine BMW new sensors and still get this error! Any idea what could be my problem? I've searched everywhere for similar experiences, however every thread I've found with "5e24" seems to always be accompanied by 5E20 or 5E21 specifying which sensor is acting up. I've run out of ideas

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
            Did you ever get this resolved? I have intermittent 5E24 with 5E20 on a '05 with 91k miles. I hooked up the car to INPA but did not see any issues on the raw data from the module when the dash lights were off. I am sending the car in to have both sensors replaced this week since the problem looks to be fairly common around 100k miles. Some days it doesnt go away at all, but then is fine for months.

For those that have a similar problem, with or without the 5E20, my tech suggested that if this sensor replacement doesn't work that it could be an electrical/ connection problem between the DSC module and the sensors. If the problem comes back after replacing the sensors, I would then start looking at the voltages on the wires followed by a module replacement $$. See attached pull from INPA this morning.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by speedneed2; 09-10-2022, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Let us know how it goes after replacing the sensors. Is am having the same issue, exact same errors, on my wife’s 03’ M3 convertible. It’s only happened a couple times and only when very hot out. Viewing sensor data in INPA things look reasonable though the two sensors are about 1.4 bar apart.

I reached out to ModuleMasters for the heck of it and they said they don’t repair that issue so hopefully it’s just a sensor failing.

Comment

Originally posted by speedneed2 View Post

Did you ever get this resolved? I have intermittent 5E24 with 5E20 on a '05 with 91k miles. I hooked up the car to INPA but did not see any issues on the raw data from the module when the dash lights were off. I am sending the car in to have both sensors replaced this week since the problem looks to be fairly common around 100k miles. Some days it doesnt go away at all, but then is fine for months.

For those that have a similar problem, with or without the 5E20, my tech suggested that if this sensor replacement doesn't work that it could be an electrical/ connection problem between the DSC module and the sensors. If the problem comes back after replacing the sensors, I would then start looking at the voltages on the wires followed by a module replacement $$. See attached pull from INPA this morning.
                I had this in 2019 or 2020, replaced sensors and has not come back since. Dirty brake fluid can cause it too.
                E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
                E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
                E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by speedneed2 View Post

Turned out, I had faulty sensors. Pain in the ass! Got another replacement and they were fine! Genuine BMW only!

Comment

I had 5E24 and 5E20 and replaced ABS pressure sensor 1 and it has not come back.

Comment

I totally forgot to follow up after getting the sensors replaced this spring. After replacement of both, no more codes or DSC light problems!

Comment

I used to get these codes on track and decided to first make sure the sensors were not picking up "dirty" signal from dirty fluid.

I flushed the fluid and made sure to use a turkey baster at the bottom of the filter in the brake reservoir and picked up a bunch of floating/settled gunk from there.

I tested the sensors in Schwaben and they seemed to be reporting proper bars, so I didn't want to prematurely replace the sensors.

I haven't had the codes come back in about 2 years after making sure the bottom of the filter mesh was clean, and didn't have to replace the sensors.

YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
                          I used to get these codes on track and decided to first make sure the sensors were not picking up "dirty" signal from dirty fluid.

I flushed the fluid and made sure to use a turkey baster at the bottom of the filter in the brake reservoir and picked up a bunch of floating/settled gunk from there.

I tested the sensors in Schwaben and they seemed to be reporting proper bars, so I didn't want to prematurely replace the sensors.

I haven't had the codes come back in about 2 years after making sure the bottom of the filter mesh was clean, and didn't have to replace the sensors.

YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Is that filter not removable?
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                          X