Heavy Duty exhaust hangers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy Duty exhaust hangers?

Any suggestions on a stock fitting heavy duty exhaust muffler hanger? I know that RevShift makes an insert for it. And bimmerworld makes a new mount with a round polyurethane mount. I'm just wondering if there's any thing else worth examining on the market.
    here's the RevShift insert if anyone hasn't seen it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PEI-M3-2.jpg?v-cache=1507018807.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	33954
    6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

There's some in the for sale section right now that used hardware store fiber glass (window filler?) to fill in the open spots.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

If the stock ones can hold up the heavy ass boat anchor, I think they're good enough. You can fill in your current ones with hi temp silicone to replicate the revshift inserts. I wouldn't do poly, I imagine it'll transmit too much noise and/or vibrations.

People talk down the stock hangers, but rubber, esp German, doesn't last forever, and replacing only one hanger and leaving old ones will accelerate that new one's wear. I wish CRP still offered the OEM equivalent, so we could save some $. Now, buy OE from FCPeuro and your G2G.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        If the stock ones can hold up the heavy ass boat anchor, I think they're good enough. You can fill in your current ones with hi temp silicone to replicate the revshift inserts. I wouldn't do poly, I imagine it'll transmit too much noise and/or vibrations.
        People talk down the stock hangers, but rubber, esp German, doesn't last forever, and replacing only one hanger and leaving old ones will accelerate that new one's wear. I wish CRP still offered the OEM equivalent, so we could save some $. Now, buy OE from FCPeuro and your G2G.
        I actually have Genuine BMW hangers now. Filled with rtv but after 9 years the single hanger on the passenger side partially broke. Since that one handles a lot on it's own figured I'd see if anything new has made it's way in the market worth looking at.
        FCPEuro actually sells the HJS (based in Germany) hanger for $19.99 and being from FCP it'll have lifetime warranty so that's a plus. May just buy that and fill with RTV again. Although not sure if that will void the warranty if prematurely fails. The RevShift poly insert I would think is more pliable than the rtv ones I had for many years. Trying to hear what others are doing lately. Thanks
        my hangers from 2011 below
        Attached Files
        Last edited by old///MFanatic; 06-12-2020, 06:22 PM.
        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

I have the rev shift. Try really tighten up the muffler it doesn’t move at all.

Comment

I just filled my exhaust hangers with that black that hardens into rubber. Takes about a day... I've been problem-less with my original Scorza for 7 years now. :-)

Comment

You want something soft enough that the exhaust CAN move, if you’re not running solid engine/trans mounts... and maybe even if you are, as thermal expansion of exhaust components is no small thing over the entire length of the car.

I’m running unmodified stock. I’ve replaced them twice in 160,000 miles, the second time pretty recently. Barely an inconvenience...

As per usual, theres a reason stock is designed the way it is.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

You want something soft or the hangers will eventually rip out of the thin gauge stainless in your exhaust.

Comment

I run silicone. Zero problems for years of hard driving

Comment

I have the revshift. But only bought one. Forgot which hanger I put it on but on the one most prone to breaking I think it's the driver side front? But no vibration or noise.

Comment

Im on hack engineering exhaust hangers, great product. 4-5 years with them, and SS LTW exhaust, nothing broken. You can fit the LTW with 2 hangers, but i decided to buy 3 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post
                        I have the revshift. But only bought one. Forgot which hanger I put it on but on the one most prone to breaking I think it's the driver side front? But no vibration or noise.
                        Interesting. My passenger side (right) is the one that is broken now.

Of the three is there one known as more prone to breaking? Would like to hear what other owners have experienced.
                        Last edited by old///MFanatic; 06-13-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I recommend replacing with a set of Genuine OE BMW exhaust hangers. They aren't cheap at ~$48-$53 per hanger but these hold up well and will last a good amount of time with the weight of the stock section3. I've seen a few cars running the cheap OEM CRP, HJS, etc. hangers and they always failed not long after install. With a lightweight aftermarket exhaust the hangers won't see as much stress so the cheaper alternatives may hold up...

The passenger side mount fails first. There are three hangers for the section3 with two on the driver side and one on the passenger side.
                          SF Bay Area Vanos, Rod Bearings, Inspection II, etc. Services : Member Feedback
                          E46 M3 Track Videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/DanAvon

Comment

Originally posted by DanAvoN7 View Post
                            I recommend replacing with a set of Genuine OE BMW exhaust hangers. They aren't cheap at ~$48-$53 per hanger but these hold up well and will last a good amount of time with the weight of the stock section3. I've seen a few cars running the cheap OEM CRP, HJS, etc. hangers and they always failed not long after install. With a lightweight aftermarket exhaust the hangers won't see as much stress so the cheaper alternatives may hold up...

The passenger side mount fails first.
                            HJS are $19.99 and Lifetime warranty at FCPEuro. Kinda hard to pass. They're made in Germany.
                            Yep my Supersprint isn't really lightweight.

Comment

So one disadvantage of a titanium exhaust is it literally vibrates itself apart at the welds. Do you think more solid mounts could help this?
                              This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
                              X