Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI: The Harbor Freight replacement jack stands also fail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
    Just FYI, a pair of Torin alloy stands for only $53 shipped!

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Torin T43004 Big Red 3 Ton Capacity Double Locking Aluminum Jack Stands - Pair at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Grabbed a pair myself.
    I have the Schwaben version of these style jackstands. Aluminum is nice since it will not rust and it doesnt fail suddenly - it will usually bend before snapping.

They are super light and great for taking to the track. I have had the car on these stands for weeks on end without issue. My only complaint is that the footprint of the stand is smaller than a traditional steel stand, so it feels a little more unstable when doing a push test after getting the car in the air.

They are also nice if you have to work on cars that use pinch welds, its possible to lift the car with a jack on the pinch weld and lower it onto one of these stands without using a central jacking point.

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

I have the Schwaben version of these style jackstands. Aluminum is nice since it will not rust and it doesnt fail suddenly - it will usually bend before snapping.

They are super light and great for taking to the track. I have had the car on these stands for weeks on end without issue. My only complaint is that the footprint of the stand is smaller than a traditional steel stand, so it feels a little more unstable when doing a push test after getting the car in the air.

They are also nice if you have to work on cars that use pinch welds, its possible to lift the car with a jack on the pinch weld and lower it onto one of these stands without using a central jacking point.
      I have the Torin ones and they're not bad! At max height they wobble just a pinch if you push on the car, but the footprint is wide enough so it won't tip over.

My only gripe is the max height is kinda short. It leaves me just enough room to rotate about a quarter way of my body to the side while on the creeper.

Comment

Hockey Puck Mod. 馃槑

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA
        Brembo 996 - ARC-8's - BWS 500S 9k/11k - Valentine 1 - BlueBus - Orion V4's
        Evolve Eventuri
        - VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser/CSL Trunk

Comment

I learned so much about triangles because of this thread 馃槀
          This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
          https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

LOL now the ones they replaced the recalled ones with are being recalled.... if you buy anything fromm HF, make sure it's disposable or one time use only.. I don't trust any of that crap!
            Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
              LOL now the ones they replaced the recalled ones with are being recalled.... if you buy anything fromm HF, make sure it's disposable or one time use only.. I don't trust any of that crap!
              So what they replaced a part and then recalling it again? Unheard of! Wait a minute ave not I just received a phone call for BMW about replacing my airbag AGAIN! lol 馃榾

Comment

lol K

That link i posted for the Torin stands is now back up to $70 (from $50) guess it was a July 4th sale. Still a fair price, mind.
                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 DCT Slicktop Instagram
                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 Coupe 6spd Slicktop zero options
                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Man... planing to get those and missed that 50 deal!

Comment

Working...
                  X