TC/DSC Modes on 2002 M3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC/DSC Modes on 2002 M3?

Looking to get more insight on this- do E46 M3's have Stability control AND Traction control? The DSC button on my 02 M3 seems to only have one function, and that is turn off traction and the traction warning light illuminates on the dash.

They have both— as stock, the one button disables both at once.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
      They have both— as stock, the one button disables both at once.
      I thought that MK20 units one button push disables both but on MK60 units you need to long press to fully turn it off? Or am I mistaken?

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

I thought that MK20 units one button push disables both but on MK60 units you need to long press to fully turn it off? Or am I mistaken?
        As standard, both units (MK20 and all M3 MK60s) turn of stability and traction control with one short press of the DSC button.

IF you code on M track mode to a non ZCP MK60 car, then a short press puts it in M track mode and a long press turns both off off.

On a ZCP, the steering wheel button turns on M track mode and a short press of the DSC button turns off stability control and traction control.

On the non M e46s, traction control and stability control are turned off separately using short press vs long press.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
        2012 LMB/Black 128i
        2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by eacmen View Post

Like Obioban said, thats the non-M behavior. The DSC button turns off both on all M3s.

However, I have noticed that if I hold the DSC button long enough on my 02 M3, stability control and traction control cannot be turned back on until the car is restarted. It seems to be doing the exact same thing that a short press would (so turning off both), but can't be reversed until you switch the car off.
          2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Like Obioban said, thats the non-M behavior. The DSC button turns off both on all M3s.

However, I have noticed that if I hold the DSC button long enough on my 02 M3, stability control and traction control cannot be turned back on until the car is restarted. It seems to be doing the exact same thing that a short press would (so turning off both), but can't be reversed until you switch the car off.
            Same with my non-ZCP MK60...it didn't like me pressing the DSC button for a long time.

Comment

Working...
            X