Recommended Engine Mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xmetal View Post
    Has anyone tried the 034Motorsport's Density Line Mounts => https://www.ecstuning.com/b-034motor...4-509-3646~kt/

For reference, I am currently running the Vibratec Street and like them...but the passenger side has gotten super squished (along with other signs) that appeared to be about to fail. I was on the original group buy - so my set are about 7 years old with only about 35k miles on them. I know they advertised to be rebuildable, but my research tells me otherwise. I would like to replace it with something similar - slightly firmer than stock (my stock passenger mount collapsed about a quarter inch shorter than driver side after only 25k miles), but don't want much added NVH. The 034 mounts advertised to be made from solid 55 durometer rubber, where stock hydraulic mount are from 45 durometer with voids. Any inputs/experiences on the 034Motorsport's Density Line Mounts would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.
    Bump for this. Would be curious if anyone can opine on the potential NVH of going with the 034 or Bimmerworld mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Advorsor View Post

Bump for this. Would be curious if anyone can opine on the potential NVH of going with the 034 or Bimmerworld mounts.
      Gonna be loud.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

BW GroupN makes the car vibrate a lot at idle. I’m replacing mine with stock mounts this weekend.
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post

BW GroupN makes the car vibrate a lot at idle. I’m replacing mine with stock mounts this weekend.
          I wonder if the 034s are any more forgiving…

Comment

Stock. Good time to replace everything you can on a 100k mile car when doing rod bearings. I think I did everything I touched minus the steering rack itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just raise your idle. I have zero issues with my GroupN.

BTW how old and what transmission mounts you running with them?
              Last edited by old///MFanatic; 12-26-2022, 11:55 AM.
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
                Just raise your idle. I have zero issues with mine.
                Nope. Not interested in doing that.
                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback in here, all. I was previously temped by the Group N style mounts, but for my use it seems the stockers are the way to go.

Comment

Nope. Not interested in doing that.
                    I see your point, but raising the idle speed has a more important benefit, which is not running the car with too little oil pressure. Nominally the oil pressure at idle is .7 bar, at 950 - 1000 there is at least 1bar.

i think OE idle is 870. So anorher 100 is nothing.

Comment

I wonder if the 034s are any more forgiving…

I took the plunge with the 034 and was genuinely surprised that the NVH is very comparable to stock. All the NVH that I experienced with the VT were gone. There's less slop in the drive train compared to stock. I would say that the stiffness of the 034 is somewhere between the OE and VT, but without any of the NVH of the VT. This is a win-win in my book.
                      Last edited by Xmetal; 12-26-2022, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmetal View Post

I took the plunge with the 034 and was genuinely surprised that the NVH is very comparable to stock. All the NVH that I experienced with the VT were gone. There's less slop in the drive train compared to stock. I would say that the stiffness of the 034 is somewhere between the OE and VT, but without any of the NVH of the VT. This is a win-win in my book.
                        Thanks!

Is the car cammed?
                        Did you manipulate the idle/where does your car sit?
                        Do you have other non-stock bushings/mounts on the car?

Comment

Thanks!

Is the car cammed?
                          Did you manipulate the idle/where does your car sit?
                          Do you have other non-stock bushings/mounts on the car?
                          Engine is stock and no manipulation of idle. The only other non-stock mounts is the RE transmission mounts.

Note that I'm speaking from an E86 Z4MC point of view, which has a much more rigid chassis. So, any additional NVH from Engine/Transmission mounts would be felt more to the seat of the pants than an E46
                          Last edited by Xmetal; 12-27-2022, 06:45 AM.

Comment

My experience with VT mounts is not great, they are Baaad for NVH at idle, have lots of vibration and the increase of idle speed was mandatory, and some trim pieces on the dash rattled. If it was only that I could live with them with the increased idle, however, the rubber is now cracked and are due for replacement after only 4 years and about 20k km. so not great. I am going to test the 034MS ones.

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                              I am going to test the 034MS ones.
                              maupineda - did you end up trying them out?
                              Xmetal - how are the 034 MS mounts holding up?

Comment

I have the vibra-technic street mounts on my E92 M3 and they are great. I have NVH at idle but I assume thats mostly from my single mass flywheel. It's gear rattle NVH, not much engine vibration.

I put brand new corteco's for the E46, but I'm debating if I should give these 034 ones a try now. Any more feedback? I know the stock mounts are fluid filled and the 034's are solid rubber all the way through.

Comment

Working...
                                X