Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes a later model-year M3 more desirable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Build Journal offers a tune/software that alters the parameters of the MK20 to behave better when on the track or driving spiritedly. I don’t have any experience with the software, but it might be worth considering if it makes a good amount of difference.

Comment

Is there an easy way to tell if you have MK20 or MK60?

I have a pre-facelift 03.

Comment

Originally posted by LukesM View Post
        Is there an easy way to tell if you have MK20 or MK60?

I have a pre-facelift 03.
        MK20 will be in the passenger side drug bin. If there's nothing there then you have an MK60. Top left corner on the following pictures.

MK60
        Click image for larger version

Name:	E46M3_ALPHA_N__65291.1450229711.1280.1280.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	39110

MK20

Name:	20200530_180226.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	39111

​​​
        2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

You have space to relocate the SMG pump

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

MK20 will be in the passenger side drug bin. If there's nothing there then you have an MK60. Top left corner on the following pictures.

MK60

Name:	E46M3_ALPHA_N__65291.1450229711.1280.1280.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	39110

MK20

Name:	20200530_180226.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	39111

​​​

Thanks man. I have nothing in the drug bin lol

Comment

Originally posted by Poowill View Post

never heard of this, care to elaborate?
              The car can’t really understand what’s going on on track, decides you’re on ice and only allows ~5% of brake use (which would help on actual ice). Happens with DSC on or off.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

The car can’t really understand what’s going on on track, decides you’re on ice and only allows ~5% of brake use (which would help on actual ice). Happens with DSC on or off.
                Oh wow, I bet that's a brown pants moment or worse..

Comment

First I have heard of ice mode as well... don’t recall seeing it on the old forum either

Comment

Originally posted by Ruley View Post
                    The Build Journal offers a tune/software that alters the parameters of the MK20 to behave better when on the track or driving spiritedly. I don’t have any experience with the software, but it might be worth considering if it makes a good amount of difference.
                    Buildjournal B-Spec Tune is an E46 M3 tune that delivers gains up to 30+ horsepower with 20+ free add-on features including a burble tune.

Does anyone have experience (direct or indirect) with this tune? Looks like it could be an interesting solution.

1984 Ferrari 308 QV Rosso Corsa
                    2002 BMW E46 M3 Euro Steel Gray
                    —————————
                    Sold 2004 BMW E46 M3 USA Imola Red (Boston)

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_G View Post

Buildjournal B-Spec Tune is an E46 M3 tune that delivers gains up to 30+ horsepower with 20+ free add-on features including a burble tune.

Does anyone have experience (direct or indirect) with this tune? Looks like it could be an interesting solution.
                      I had it on my car for a bit. Really couldn't tell the difference from stock.
                      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                      X