Scratched Wheel Fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scratched Wheel Fix?

So I had a tire patched due to a nail puncture and there are four deep gouges evenly spaced on the inside back portion of the wheel.
    I only took pictures of the front so claiming compensation/new wheel is going to be difficult, but I will try like hell.
    My question is what would be the best method/product I could use myself to aesthetically fix these scratches and prevent any potential chipping down the line?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200706_191501.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	40635 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200706_191451.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	40634 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200706_191448.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	40633 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200706_191445.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	40632
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

BMW Ferric Grey A80 is supposed to be a good match for the Style 219s found on the E90M. I honestly would not sweat it being that it is deep inside the barrel. Touch it up and you'll forget about it in a few days.

Comment

That is from tire mounting equipment for sure. Since it is inside of the barrel, I wouldn't sweat it. Its dirty 90% of the time anyway.
      BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

I went back and really had to almost be a dick about it before they said they would do anything about it, which I hate, but they are covering a repair job, I'll see how that turns out. Glad my pictures showed enough of the barrel to be of use. It was simply principle to me, that wheel lasted through 4 previous owners and 16 years only to get scratched by someone that maybe wasn't paying attention. But shit happens.
        Last edited by Cubieman; 07-08-2020, 08:28 PM.

Instagram

Comment

Just bear in mind that if they do have the whole thing refinished, and it's just the one wheel, it will definitely be a slightly different shade and texture than the other 3. Might be better to have them comp you a few bucks instead, or you'll end up with 1 mismatched wheel

Comment

Also, the 19" style 67s are not painted. They're machined and polished (and probably clear coated after) from the factory, so make sure that whoever is repairing your wheel doesn't mess with its face, or else it will clearly not match the rest.
            2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Yea, he made a point of telling me it wouldn't match if they painted anything more than just the scratches, and event those won't look factory, just simply filled in. I do wish I just would have done it myself so I had more control over the process. I hope he doesn't even think about touching the face of the wheel

Instagram

Comment

Working...
              X