No announcement yet.

ECU tune options and reviews?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting, I have evolve tune and I am happy with that. I even removed secondary air pump and I don't have any issue with emission test.

Comment

Originally posted by CrisSilberGrau View Post
      HTE Performance
      Is this Hassan? Do you have a link to him? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dippitydip View Post

Is this Hassan? Do you have a link to him? Thanks
        Yes, HTE Performance = Hassan. I communicate with him mainly through Instagram: https://instagram.com/hte_performanc...d=8a7acm1c13bp
        Current: 2003.5 E46 ///M3 6MT - 2019 Ford Raptor 802A
        Past: 2015 F80 ///M3 6MT - 2006 E46 ///M3 6MT - 1999 E36 ///M3 5MT - 1991 E30 ///M3 5MT

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoWagon View Post

Yes, HTE Performance = Hassan. I communicate with him mainly through Instagram: https://instagram.com/hte_performanc...d=8a7acm1c13bp

+1 for Hassan

Comment

I'm close to going Epic given their cred on the platform and racing community.
            2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
            2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::

Comment

Paul claude. Very reasonably priced as well.

Comment

Kassel tuned, not very impressed and the vanos timing is so aggressive it feels like a VTEC kicking in at 4.5K, very annoying, its linear then BOOM your off, this doesn't make for a great around town experience.
                I don't particularly like the tune and it has been compared against a stock CSL tune and the butt dyno didn't tell much if any difference between the two. Also, the Kassel tune has the car smelling like its running extremely rich, yet to test it however. They also had the wrong camshaft offsets and IAT settings, that had to be corrected. This was their "performance tune" and is a canned tune so I would imagine their dyno work would be much better.
                Its goings to be HTE (remote) for me after my SS pipes are installed.
                Last edited by Cubieman; 07-23-2020, 03:52 AM.
                2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Motorsportdreams View Post
                  Paul claude. Very reasonably priced as well.
                  +1

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                    Kassel tuned, not very impressed and the vanos timing is so aggressive it feels like a VTEC kicking in at 4.5K, very annoying, its linear then BOOM your off, this doesn't make for a great around town experience.
                    I don't particularly like the tune and it has been compared against a stock CSL tune and the butt dyno didn't tell much if any difference between the two. Also, the Kassel tune has the car smelling like its running extremely rich, yet to test it however. They also had the wrong camshaft offsets and IAT settings, that had to be corrected.
                    Did Kassel send you a canned tune or did you go there and get a Dyno tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post

Did Kassel send you a canned tune or did you go there and get a Dyno tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Canned, sorry that should have been previously mentioned.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                        I don't particularly like the tune and it has been compared against a stock CSL tune and the butt dyno didn't tell much if any difference between the two. Also, the Kassel tune has the car smelling like its running extremely rich, yet to test it however. They also had the wrong camshaft offsets and IAT settings, that had to be corrected. This was their "performance tune" and is a canned tune so I would imagine their dyno work would be much better.
                        Interesting, I've had great results with Kassel's tuning. I had him fix the awful tune on my alpha-n euro 3.2l that got worse when I put cams in it, then he dyno tuned both that car and my E46 M3 with excellent results.

Comment

Originally posted by S14 View Post

Interesting, I've had great results with Kassel's tuning. I had him fix the awful tune on my alpha-n euro 3.2l that got worse when I put cams in it, then he dyno tuned both that car and my E46 M3 with excellent results.
                          I'm sure their dyno tune would run much better than what they put in to their "canned" tune, however living in NE and tuning these cars does not go hand in hand, so next time it'll be a remote dyno tune.

Instagram

Comment

Anyone have feedback on how the OE CSL tune drives with the stock cam adjustments?

Comment

Following this thread! Also has anyone installed the buildjournal tune? I've heard some good and some bad, what was your first hand experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Amalgam View Post
                                Anyone have feedback on how the OE CSL tune drives with the stock cam adjustments?
                                It drives fine. Running this setup and haven't had any issues.
                                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X