Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jk715 View Post
    I can take a picture tomorrow. Need to take it apart again to add the sub strap mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be awesome thanks

Comment

Here’s the connection i made for the switch. I had no use for the rest of the wires but didn’t bother to strip them. My e30 harness only had 4 wires.

Comment

Looking at your setup. You’ll need to connect the red/brown power terminal back to the main yellow connector. The connector circled in yellow looks like the wiring for the motor that i used. You can find the corresponding colors from my wiring. Only the two thick wires from the motor are used. The other two thinner yellow wires are for memory settings.

Your switch harness seems to have 5 wires. But the two brown look like ground. I would use the thickness of the wires to determine which ones to connect to the motor. I recall them being different thicknesses.

Last edited by jk715; 01-18-2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post
          Above ---- I JUST got around to putting in my Alcantara (fake) Cobra inserts in my seats. Love em ….. also had them do black stitching custom
          How much additional cost did the fake alcantara inserts run you? Looking to do something similar to match my shift boot and ebrake boot.

Comment

Can I use the manual slider release handles with my stock power slider rails? Or do I need to buy sedan manual sliders?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post
              Can I use the manual slider release handles with my stock power slider rails? Or do I need to buy sedan manual sliders?

You can’t convert power sliders to be manual.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

You can’t convert power sliders to be manual.
                Bummer. One more part I need before I get these installed i guess. Thanks for the repsonse

Comment

Bummer. One more part I need before I get these installed i guess. Thanks for the repsonse

It’s pretty hard to go to a junk yard that doesn’t have an e46 with manual seats in it right now. They’re all aging out.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                  2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

It’s pretty hard to go to a junk yard that doesn’t have an e46 with manual seats in it right now. They’re all aging out.
                    Ok, that will be the mission today. I want to get these done before the my track day Saturday

Comment

Do we have a part number for the manual sedan rails?

Comment

Do we have a part number for the manual sedan rails?
                        BMW doesn't sell the sliders separately-- only as part of a seat base.

You could also buy used non M manual seats from a normal e46, on fanatics/etc.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

BMW doesn't sell the sliders separately-- only as part of a seat base.

You could also buy used non M manual seats from a normal e46, on fanatics/etc.
                          Gotcha. Ok I think I'll hit up a junk yard first, if I can't find some I may just use the power sliders to get them in and then if I come across some manual ones later I can switch

Comment

Fyi, e53 x5 sliders will work as well but the seat belt receptacle with harness will need to be swapped.

Comment

Originally posted by jk715 View Post
                              Fyi, e53 x5 sliders will work as well but the seat belt receptacle with harness will need to be swapped.
                              I think the same goes for the E83 X3 sliders. I found that the X3 and X5 sliders usually sell for a bit less than E46.

Comment

I'm surprised the e53 sliders work-- I would have expected it to use e39 sliders, which are pretty different than e46.

... also, did they ever offer it with manual seats?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                                2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                                X