Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well absolutely awesome upgrade. Thanks for sharing the details with the community. I'm taking notes!
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Man I wish we could still see all the photos from the Nogaro picture thread on M3F. Several members did some trim customizations I wish I could still see.

I contacted Relicate and they sent over a sample of their Clay Pot full grain leather. It's a very close match to my cinnamon which I just cleaned and conditioned (once conditioned, the leather is darker and color is richer). I would say cinnamon is very slightly more rich in color and the Relicate Clay Pot is more dull.

I also asked for a matching alcantara to see if I should trim the middle differently. They sent over Hazelnut foam backed alcantara but the match isn't close enough.

My order will include custom trimming to mimic the CSL seat but in cinnamon. Cost to do so adds an additional $600 per seat. Steep but Cobra checked every single box like Obi outlined in the OP
      2002 Jet Black · 6MT · Cinnamon · CSL Tribute

Engine · Karbonius CSL Airbox · CSL DME · Kassel MAP · Paul Claude Tuned
      Exhaust · SS Stepped V1 · SS 2.5 Res Sec 2 · SS Sport Sec 3
      Suspension · JIC Cross/ZMS RS coilovers · GC Weight Jackers · SDW RTAB · Corner balanced
      Wheels/Brakes · BBS E88 18" x 9.5" / 10.5" · Michelin Pilot Sport 4S · 996 Brembo BBK
      Exterior · Mile End CSL bumper · OE CSL trunk · Mile End CSL diffuser · OE LED taillights
      Interior · Avin Avant 4 · Llumar Air 80 Tint

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nogaro 1.jpg
Views:	2193
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	39743 Click image for larger version

Name:	Nogaro 2.jpg
Views:	1656
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	39744 Click image for larger version

Name:	Nogaro 3.jpg
Views:	1606
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	39745

Comment

Above ---- I JUST got around to putting in my Alcantara (fake) Cobra inserts in my seats. Love em ….. also had them do black stitching custom

Comment

Originally posted by LeeForst View Post
            Above ---- I JUST got around to putting in my Alcantara (fake) Cobra inserts in my seats. Love em ….. also had them do black stitching custom
            Damn, those look so good. This thread has sold me on getting these in the future lol. Hopefully they will do some sort of sale in the future.

Comment

Since people ask me about this every time I mention this seat is uniquely (only non stock seat) certified to use with the quick fit, here's the cert:

[ATTACH]n54883[/ATTACH]
              Attached Files

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Anyone have any experience with Cobra's reclining seats?

Jesse
                Old, not obsolete.

Comment

il tri-colore
                  DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                  /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                  More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Anyone in DC, VA, MD, NC are with these seats? Would really like to try to put my fat ass into these and see if it fits :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

il tri-colore
                      Looks great. I think I remember you posting this on M3forum but where did you get the dye pens and what was your process? I'll have Negaros at some point and would like to find a yellow to match PY close as possible.

Comment

I have the info saved from my journal post on m3f. I'll soon update my journal, here, with it!
                        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Hey obioban - I'm in the process of installing essentially the same Brey Krause setup in my E46 M3, do you have any additional details and/or pictures of the final wiring for your drivers side utilizing the stock power sliders? Surprised more people aren't running this setup and how difficult it seems to be to find info on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.58.45 AM.png
Views:	1137
Size:	908.2 KB
ID:	79507 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.59.16 AM.png
Views:	1111
Size:	872.8 KB
ID:	79508 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 9.59.50 AM.png
Views:	1095
Size:	848.0 KB
ID:	79509

Comment

The Brey Krause mounts come with instructions, which includes wiring instructions. The only thing I did differently was use the e30 plug instead of the clips they include, but the wiring was the same.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                            2012 LMB/Black 128i
                            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Yeah I’ll be using the E30 switch setup as well, instructions are alright, figured I’d ask in case you had photos since that always helps 👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can take a picture tomorrow. Need to take it apart again to add the sub strap mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X