Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
    Haha, not sure why the four guys who have done this are trying to convince me it's not funny to me. You guys are free to do as you wish not sure why you care about my opinion so much.

It's still funny, now carry on.
    Haven’t done it, but, I’m interested in hearing your reasoning. So far based on your responses, you’re trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas3n View Post

Haven’t done it, but, I’m interested in hearing your reasoning. So far based on your responses, you’re trolling.
      That’s literally all he does on this forum haha, definitely not the first time I’ve seem him troll/get in arguments. I usually just ignore it and don’t say anything, but I genuinely don’t understand why he thinks putting heating elements in racing seats is “comical”. If he lived anywhere other than Cali he would most definitely do the same. I know I plan on doing it in my car. My car only see’s nice weather, but the weather get’s decently chilly here in the fall. I also just don’t like when buttons/controls don’t work in my car.
      Last edited by Cglhut; 02-15-2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Back on topic…. Who is the place to buy these from if I want to get these in Imola leather?

Comment

HMS Motorsports, have to call them to get all the extras as you are limited on their website.

Comment

Where is the cheapest place to get these if I just want regular black ones?
            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
              Where is the cheapest place to get these if I just want regular black ones?
              HMS is the sole US importer— everyone else selling them in the USA is buying them from hms.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i
              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

HMS is the sole US importer— everyone else selling them in the USA is buying them from hms.
                Thanks for the info! Between these and Recaro PP ABE. The Recaros would end up being cheaper all said and done. Are Cobra Nogaros worth a few hundred more for a street/track mixed usage car?

Comment

Thanks for the info! Between these and Recaro PP ABE. The Recaros would end up being cheaper all said and done. Are Cobra Nogaros worth a few hundred more for a street/track mixed usage car?
                  You get a lot more customizability. I'm not aware that the PP can be made to order. I had my seat built with extra cushioning, not just some extra pad you stick anywhere on the seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

I’m afraid that’s not true https://www.subesports.com is direct US IMPORTER of those seats as well. I know from experience when I bought mine last year HMS was quoting me $1230 per seat plus shipping plus state tax while subie sports offered them at $1099 per seat with free shipping plus you can get extra 10% off both seats cost me $2078 out the door last year and they don’t charge state tax either 😊that’s another +$150 savings on both seats, if you sign up for their yearly membership which you can use on everything else they sell like Schtoth harnesses for example I ordered my 2027 Schroth FLEXI harness from them last month for $467 with the 10% discount is good for 1 year from initial sign up, while everyone else is selling them for $519 plus state tax and up. Only reason I know they are direct importer is because my seats where stuck on a ship directly from England for month outside LA port they are located on west coast, (kinda funny that seats had to go around whole continent before they got to me I’m in New England btw) they were very informative throughout the whole process they basically import whole containers of various cobra seats including Nogaros only down side is if you want something custom like special finishes then HMS can tailor better to someone’s needs but if you want standard finishes you can’t beat their pricing, same thing with Schroth belts they directly import them from Germany, good company great people very happy with their services
                    Last edited by Radekxpl; 02-20-2022, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Hmm. When I bought mine and subsequently ran the GB, the owner of Cobra told me HMS was the sole US importer, but I suppose that could have changed since then.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I think they’re worth the extra, especially if you’re doing a anything other than unheated black.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I'd also add that, if you are over about 5' 10" and want to run harnesses, you should opt for Nogaros over ABE, to avoid back problems and spinal compression. Harness holes on Nogaro circuits sit a few inches higher.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post

I’m afraid that’s not true https://www.subesports.com is direct US IMPORTER of those seats as well. I know from experience when I bought mine last year HMS was quoting me $1230 per seat plus shipping plus state tax while subie sports offered them at $1099 per seat with free shipping plus you can get extra 10% off both seats cost me $2078 out the door last year and they don’t charge state tax either 😊that’s another +$150 savings on both seats, if you sign up for their yearly membership which you can use on everything else they sell like Schtoth harnesses for example I ordered my 2027 Schroth FLEXI harness from them last month for $467 with the 10% discount is good for 1 year from initial sign up, while everyone else is selling them for $519 plus state tax and up. Only reason I know they are direct importer is because my seats where stuck on a ship directly from England for month outside LA port they are located on west coast, (kinda funny that seats had to go around whole continent before they got to me I’m in New England btw) they were very informative throughout the whole process they basically import whole containers of various cobra seats including Nogaros only down side is if you want something custom like special finishes then HMS can tailor better to someone’s needs but if you want standard finishes you can’t beat their pricing, same thing with Schroth belts they directly import them from Germany, good company great people very happy with their services
                            Thanks for the info! These guys aren't far from me so I can probably work out a deal with them since I won't need shipping.

Comment

So I recently picked up a set of these used and they were listed as leather with dinamica centers. How can I tell if these are really leather?

As they seem to me to be some fake vinyl type material and if they are I got scammed.

Comment

They're probably not leather. I think the vinyl is quite nice though.
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X