Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Cobra Nogaro seats (uniquely street friendly fixed back bucket seat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Don't know, sadly.
    Oh got it. You still have the preproduction version... cause why would they even need to swap it out...

#darwinaward
    Build thread: Topaz Blue to Shark Blue

Comment

Originally posted by ZiMMie View Post

You have raised some great points. I've sent out an email to speed engineering and pointed them to this thread. Let see if we can get some answers.
      Good deal, keep us posted.

Comment

I just listed a set of Nogaros with mounts and sliders for sale. Located in NY

Comment

When going from power to manual seat sliders (from a sedan) can the seat belt receptacles be re-used or one must source non-m sedan/wagon receptacles?
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
            When going from power to manual seat sliders (from a sedan) can the seat belt receptacles be re-used or one must source non-m sedan/wagon receptacles?
            They're the same.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I've read as many threads as I can on the heated seat deal but still have a bit of confusion. Probably over complicating matters per usual.

I've got stock heated/power seats but want to leave the seats/wiring harness stock, I don't like to modify stock parts.

As I understand it, these are the rough outlines of parts I may need.

- e39 seat heats, bottom and back for each seat.
              - e46 seat wiring harness that supports seat heats.

I've read of people of using an e39 seat wiring harness but as I understand one can use the e39 seat heats and they are compatible with an e46 seat wiring harness, yes?

I would like everything to plug and play and avoid the cutting of wires splicing/soldering just to make things cleaner and safer.

To make things "easy" could I simply source a E46 M3 heated/powered wiring harness like I currently have in the car and use that? I figured I would just de-pin the wiring that goes to the power seat motors.

I suppose a non-powered but heated E46 M3 seat wiring harness would be best but I see a few of the powered/heated available for a decent price.

Instagram

Comment

I ended up going with the Brey Krause mounts. Figured they are designed for these seats and they are a known quantity.

Also, here is how I'm getting around the heated seat issue:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221217_162802.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	196909

Comment

Originally posted by Casa de Mesa View Post
                  I ended up going with the Brey Krause mounts. Figured they are designed for these seats and they are a known quantity.

Also, here is how I'm getting around the heated seat issue:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221217_162802.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	196909
                  I have the BK mounts and am in the process of cleaning up some rusty old non-m manual sliders. I wish I could ditch the seat heats but I like them and just have do it as shitty as it may be work/cost wise.

Instagram

Comment

I have the BK mounts and am in the process of cleaning up some rusty old non-m manual sliders. I wish I could ditch the seat heats but I like them and just have do it as shitty as it may be work/cost wise.
                    Belive me, I am not casting judgement! I found that control unit on eBay and figured it was a way for me to get the seats in and come back later for seat heaters. And I may just see if I can live without the seat heaters - I rarely use them.

My plan is to redo some of the interior so will likely tackle this down the road if it turns out I miss the heaters.

Comment

e39 elements are electrically compatible but use different pins and plugs from the e46. You’ll need to splice or re-crimp and re-pin the connectors from an e46 donor harness. I’m deep in the aftermarket seat heating wormhole right now and have both a breakout harness and the e39 elements on the bench for diagnostics. Make sure you get positive-negative wiring correct or the buttons won’t work correctly.
                      Attached Files
                      ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

I’ve been using my seat heaters every day this month. Multiple mornings in the teens 🥶

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                        2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Bry5on View Post
                          e39 elements are electrically compatible but use different pins and plugs from the e46. You’ll need to splice or re-crimp and re-pin the connectors from an e46 donor harness. I’m deep in the aftermarket seat heating wormhole right now and have both a breakout harness and the e39 elements on the bench for diagnostics. Make sure you get positive-negative wiring correct or the buttons won’t work correctly.
                          I'll be interested to know how this turns out, I guess I didn't want to cut/splice but I also don't want to go nuts buying all sorts of shit I can't use/won't need.

I suppose as long as the spliced points are done correctly it's safe and its of course run through a fuse as well.

I'll probably just get the part # on my factory seats, order that (used), thin down the harness/splice and re-tape.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                            I’ve been using my seat heaters every day this month. Multiple mornings in the teens 🥶
                            Do you have 1 or 2 seat heats per seat? Also, any idea of what kind of harness/heaters you got going on?

If I remember correctly you had HMS sew in E46 seat heats, they unfortunately don't do that anymore and of course the seat heats are NLA.

I'm not to worried about the sewing in of the seat heats, just want to make sure I order the right stuff as it's all so damned expensive.

Instagram

Comment

Do you have 1 or 2 seat heats per seat? Also, any idea of what kind of harness/heaters you got going on?

If I remember correctly you had HMS sew in E46 seat heats, they unfortunately don't do that anymore and of course the seat heats are NLA.

I'm not to worried about the sewing in of the seat heats, just want to make sure I order the right stuff as it's all so damned expensive.
                              I just bought some used manual heated seats and extracted the sliders, wiring harness, and heat pads.

sport seats, so 3 per seat. I think? Been a while.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I'll be interested to know how this turns out, I guess I didn't want to cut/splice but I also don't want to go nuts buying all sorts of shit I can't use/won't need.

I suppose as long as the spliced points are done correctly it's safe and its of course run through a fuse as well.

I'll probably just get the part # on my factory seats, order that (used), thin down the harness/splice and re-tape.
                                Splicing a couple wires is (personal judgement) about 100 times simpler than stitching in elements (and I’d argue safer). With the orderable e39 elements, you don’t get hip or waist heating like with the e46 seats, but it’s about the simplest integration you can make. But the hip and waist heat hug is nice..
                                Last edited by Bry5on; 12-20-2022, 04:53 PM.
                                ‘02 332iT / 6 | ‘70 Jaguar XJ6 electric conversion

Comment

Working...
                                X