Release pin from TPS connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Release pin from TPS connector

How do I release the pins from the front TPS connector (3-pin)? I don’t want to pull on wires without knowing where the release is located. I think the release is on the bottom side (furthest from the connector release) but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D33DE83A-BFDF-4F1E-8DCE-95B7FF040B86.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	42981

First remove the rubber dust boot. Then insert something in those rectangular slits above and below each pin. This depresses the metal tabs in the pins and releases them. Not the same connector but it gets the idea across:

Name:	20200317_175155.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	42985​​​​​​​
    2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Great, thanks! I didn’t realize there was a release on both sides.

Comment

That worked to release the pin. Thanks!

Does anyone know the part number for the pin? I’m browsing through realoem and have no idea which one? Internet searches are coming up blank too. The pictures I can find of BMW pins are different. These are distinctive because of the shape.

I think its somewhere on this page but not sure.

Name:	B174AB36-A17B-4FD5-BE61-29D19319E6DD.jpeg
Views:	82
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	43060
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X