Supersprint quality control issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supersprint quality control issues?

Are others experiencing quality control issues with their Supersprint products lately? I waited for three months for the oversized stepped headers (part # 044001) and to my disappointment the flanges were WAY off. For the cylinders 1-3 header, the discrepancy was quite honestly laughable and I'm surprised they even passed the QA/QC inspection before packing it up for final shipment. On cylinders 3-6 header, the gap wasn't as bad, but definitely noticeable to the naked eye even without a straight edge. Also they were missing the O2 sensor bungs & copper washers!

Considering these are the holy grail of performance headers and are $$$$$, I'm really surprised they are suffering serious fitment and consistency issues. I thought Supersprint was known for their spot on fitment?

Thankfully ECS was kind enough to let me exchange them out; only downside is it looks like I'll have to wait another 1.5-2 months for the next batch to come in.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200718_112012833.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	43803 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200718_111939090.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.2 KB ID:	43804 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200718_112146606.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.2 KB ID:	43810 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200718_112027325.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.3 KB ID:	43809 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200718_111906263.jpg Views:	0 Size:	52.5 KB ID:	43808 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200718_111813560.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.0 KB ID:	43807 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200718_111935138.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.2 KB ID:	43806 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200718_111953409.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	43805 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200718_111939090.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.2 KB ID:	43811 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200718_112012833.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	43812
    Last edited by 2004LSB; 07-19-2020, 12:24 AM.

It looks like someone took lunch a little early and got them off the jig too quickly, lol. Yeah, definitely get another set.

Comment

Sending them back is the right option.

But to answer your question I’ve never heard of fitment issues with SS products, but I have heard of welds failing.
      Last edited by R60BBA; 07-19-2020, 03:00 AM.

Comment

That's frustrating
        '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

This is why I refused to get SS headers. I've seen their welds in person and I'm not paying nearly 2k for that. Sorry to see, try and get them to send you another set.
          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 BMW ///M3
          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
            This is why I refused to get SS headers. I've seen their welds in person and I'm not paying nearly 2k for that. Sorry to see, try and get them to send you another set.
            Even from photos you can see that the welds are not that great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah given their reputation, I was really shocked to see this leave their assembly line. I really hope I'm not making a big mistake going from the OE euro header & cats setup to the full Supersprint setup. Maybe 2nd time is a charm? I just hope the welds are solid....wouldn't want to do this header job more than once! Fitment wise with the oversized twin pipes and street muffler I'd give it a 8/10.

Comment

In b4 the SS fanboys.

Comment

Megan racing looks better lol
                  06 ZCP SMG | HTE CSL MAP QuaranTune | SL CSL Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | DMG Strut Bar | RE El Diablo | CPI Euro200R | AP Headers | Porsche BBK | ST XTA | TMS 3-Pulleys/F-Sway/Mono FCAB | AKG Trans/diff/Subframe/RTAB | SPL RCA | SGT SCZA Trunk | ACL | Beisan | Redish | AFD E85 |

Budget CSL MAP Conversion

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
                    🤣🤣

Comment

I've got a set comming when ECS has them in stock and am fearful mine my end up the same way. I have Euro headers now and will def. put a straight edge up to the SSv1's and check the flanges against my stock headers before I even think about install.
                      But from those pics....damn, are they starting to slip?
                      I was under the impression that the conventional wisdom was to buy Euro headers for the factory fitment UNLESS you could spring for the king shit SSv1's.
                      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                      Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
                        I've got a set comming when ECS has them in stock and am fearful mine my end up the same way. I have Euro headers now and will def. put a straight edge up to the SSv1's and check the flanges against my stock headers before I even think about install.
                        But from those pics....damn, are they starting to slip?
                        I was under the impression that the conventional wisdom was to buy Euro headers for the factory fitment UNLESS you could spring for the king shit SSv1's.
                        Yep I'll be brutally honest guys - - gonna give them ONE more chance to get this right. If i'm paying top dollar for this I expect perfect fitment. If they can't get it right w/ the second batch, I'm just gonna return the header & cat combo altogether. Get a custom dyno tune w/ the Euro header & cats and just call it a day 👍

Comment

My brother just received SS headers with exactly the same problem. He is now waiting until September for the next set to arrive. SS definitely slipping, I have an old set of SSV1s and they looked better built, including welds at merger.

Comment

This is disappointing, considering SS has been the go-to high quality solution. Curious to see how the replacement headers look like...looks like I might have to stick with my Euro headers

Comment

Originally posted by COVID-19 View Post
                              True story. Here are my MR headers. The welds are very well done.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20190119_123414.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.0 KB ID:	43963 Click image for larger version  Name:	20190119_123443.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.2 KB ID:	43964
                              This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                              https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
                              X