No announcement yet.

Craigslist Find Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say LSB and PY were pretty iconic for the E46, especially since they were featured in all the marketing. But coming from the E36, those launch colors were sooooo outside the norm for BMW. Those colors certainly were not received well by the masses as clearly evidenced by the production numbers. I don’t know know which I like more to be honest. Both are “iconic.” I’d take either or and be thrilled. Finding a clean, late model year example remains the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Duck360198 View Post
      I would say LSB and PY were pretty iconic for the E46, especially since they were featured in all the marketing. But coming from the E36, those launch colors were sooooo outside the norm for BMW. Those colors certainly were not received well by the masses as clearly evidenced by the production numbers. I don’t know know which I like more to be honest. Both are “iconic.” I’d take either or and be thrilled. Finding a clean, late model year example remains the challenge.
      seems like PY cars are way harder to find than LSB.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post

seems like PY cars are way harder to find than LSB.
        Depends on the market. Definitely not the case in my area. Going by production numbers there are more PY than LSB. But maybe LSB change hands more often.
        Last edited by Thoglan; 08-27-2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
          Happy Friday. I love my diarrhea green or vomit yellow. Whichever one y’all prefer.
          Ill see your vomit yellow Click image for larger version  Name:	8F88FD31-F674-4C57-B8CD-EBC16E054EE0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	243.0 KB ID:	123464

and raise you the diarrea green
          Click image for larger version  Name:	171D92FA-2869-4248-B258-0E117FD602D0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	78.8 KB ID:	123465

Comment

PY on kiwi is one of those combos that I can't help but love. Everything in me says it should make me squeamish but I just think it's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Depends on the market. Definitely not the case in my area. Going by production numbers there are more PY than LSB. But maybe LSB change hands more often.

for sure. I was referring to the north American market. USA and CA. I believe there were a lot more PY cars in Europe too.

there were only 34 PY on kiwi coupes imported to usa/ca and of those, 4 were for the usa.

Comment

Kiwi interior on the PY is the ugliest thing known to mankind.

Comment

PY on kiwi is one of those combos that I can't help but love. Everything in me says it should make me squeamish but I just think it's cool.
                  Pictures really dont do kiwi justice, or PY for that matter. But when i saw it, i had to have it. Had to go to canada to get it. Its milage was way out of the range i was looking for, but the kiwi interior had me hooked, and the exchange rate made up for the milage.

Comment

for sure. I was referring to the north American market. USA and CA. I believe there were a lot more PY cars in Europe too.

there were only 34 PY on kiwi coupes imported to usa/ca and of those, 4 were for the usa.
                    Yep that combo is one of those really odd ones in that NA only got 34, but the rest of the world got 869. Not nearly as rare in any other market than it is in the states. Half the PY M3's in NZ have kiwi interior to match.

Comment

Yep that combo is one of those really odd ones in that NA only got 34, but the rest of the world got 869. Not nearly as rare in any other market than it is in the states. Half the PY M3's in NZ have kiwi interior to match.
                      Kiwi (and LSB) interiors were only a listed option in the USA in half of 2004. Prior to that, you had to know the option code to get them. After that, PY and LSB were dropped for 2005-2006 (outside of BMW individual custom orders).

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                      2012 LMB/Black 128i
                      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
                        Kiwi interior on the PY is the ugliest thing known to mankind.
                        Hmm, I would think being in Florida, one would appreciate light colored leathers. Is it that you don’t like light colored interiors on light colored cars, or do you only like black interiors? Or do you just not like the kiwi? Have you actually seen kiwi in person? I personally am not a fan of black leather in cars do to them getting stupid hot while parked in the sun. I like that the kiwi is unique as it wasn’t really a known option for the US.
                        Last edited by Rkymtnrider; 08-28-2021, 04:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to add

Comment

In North America the number of PYs popping up for sale are about 1/3 of LSB. Majority of them in both colors are 01-02 cars.

03-04 LSB and 03-05 PY are very hard to come by.
                          2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                          2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Hmm, I would think being in Florida, one would appreciate light colored leathers. Is it that you don’t like light colored interiors on light colored cars, or do you only like black interiors? Or do you just not like the kiwi? Have you actually seen kiwi in person? I personally am not a fan of black leather in cars do to them getting stupid hot while parked in the sun. I like that the kiwi is unique as it wasn’t really a known option for the US.
                            I understand the uniqueness of kiwi interior. But it just doesn’t look that appealing to me. Out of all the interiors, black, cinnamon, and Imola red are the best/most appealing.

Comment

Very rare #Hartge #E46 #M3 with a 5.0L BMW #V8 engine. These used an #S62 V8 from an M5 and were available with a host of exterior and interior modifications on top of the engine swap. This one has...
                              2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

^ That is one of ten I think? Cool car.
                                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Working...
                                X