X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this yesterday! One of my favorites

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Kiwi (and LSB) interiors were only a listed option in the USA in half of 2004. Prior to that, you had to know the option code to get them. After that, PY and LSB were dropped for 2005-2006 (outside of BMW individual custom orders).
      No wonder I couldn't find one... I looked and looked (and looked) for a PY over Imola when I was searching... I also liked the Dakar E36M... but I ended up with what I thought was the most iconic color of them all, TiAG over Imola... not because it's the most rare or exciting or inspirational or any of that... but to me it's iconic like a white Polo shirt by Ralph Lauren is iconic... it says everything by saying absolutely nothing but "BMW M3."

maw

PS… I actually feel like BMW missed a golden opportunity to release some truly “iconic” colors in these, like the Avus Blue E34 or the Techno Violet E36… something propeller blue over red, or propeller blue leather interiors would have been low hanging fruit here… then we wouldn’t have all these monochrome emblems running around eBay… what’s more BMW than propeller blue?!?!
      Last edited by maw1124; 09-08-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post

No wonder I couldn't find one... I looked and looked (and looked) for a PY over Imola when I was searching... I also liked the Dakar E36M... but I ended up with what I thought was the most iconic color of them all, TiAG over Imola... not because it's the most rare or exciting or inspirational or any of that... but to me it's iconic like a white Polo shirt by Ralph Lauren is iconic... it says everything by saying absolutely nothing but "BMW M3."

maw
        Yep, tiag on imola is classic although we both may be biased since that is what we have (I did a conversion to brand new imola).
        Last edited by oceansize; 09-08-2021, 12:37 PM.
        3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I'm a black on black kind of guy but my boy had the silver/imole combo, 2nd m3 I was ever in around 2002 and it is a good combo indeed.
          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

maw

PS… I actually feel like BMW missed a golden opportunity to release some truly “iconic” colors in these, like the Avus Blue E34 or the Techno Violet E36… something propeller blue over red, or propeller blue leather interiors would have been low hanging fruit here… then we wouldn’t have all these monochrome emblems running around eBay… what’s more BMW than propeller blue?!?!
            My first e46 M3 was TiAg/IR

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i
            2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CL1.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	125471 Click image for larger version

Name:	CL2.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	125472 Click image for larger version

Name:	CL4.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	125473 BMW E46 M3 ZCP Competition Package, 100k miles, Full Paint Correction - $39,00

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
                The spec of that car is nice, but I feel like they could have at least replaced some of the trim and cleaned the seats (and wheels) before listing it for $40k.
                2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

That IB car seems to be in a slightly rough shape cosmetically especially 40k IMO. It has OEM comp wheels in the rear and reps in the front...

Comment

Originally posted by MotorSportThree View Post
                    That IB car seems to be in a slightly rough shape cosmetically especially 40k IMO. It has OEM comp wheels in the rear and reps in the front...
                    Good eyes.
                    BMW / E46M Interior & Trim Restoration.
                    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ch-restoration

Comment

It wouldn't be a CL listing without 10-20 grand worth of preventative maintenance done yesterday and selling today....my loss your gain.
                      2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                      2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

maw

I second everything you've said about TiAG. When I was younger I hated it, why would anyone want boring old silver on an M3?? But nowadays I'm absolutely in love with it. It's understated and yet, in the right lighting, it absolutely pops. And it screams early-2000s BMW and smacks me in the face with nostalgia .
                        2005 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Imola Red 6MT

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3755420D-057E-4DBE-9269-D3F831C1521B.jpeg
Views:	443
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	126543
                          Originally posted by MTiz View Post

I second everything you've said about TiAG. When I was younger I hated it, why would anyone want boring old silver on an M3?? But nowadays I'm absolutely in love with it. It's understated and yet, in the right lighting, it absolutely pops. And it screams early-2000s BMW and smacks me in the face with nostalgia .
                          Agreed. I ended up with 2 silver bmws (not by Choice). Now i wouldn’t have done it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorSportThree View Post
                            I’m sure he will get 40 since that’s retail price on that car"

Comment

Dakar yellow. No DSG problems.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-BMW-M3...-127632-2357-0
                              Last edited by 02_lsb; 10-23-2021, 11:39 AM.
                              Just some old shitty cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 02_lsb View Post
                                Dakar Yella. No DSG Problems. Craigslist special with some fancy brakes.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-BMW-M3...-127632-2357-0
                                POS car. It looks like it will fall apart like a lego the minute you hit the next pothole. Shady seller tried to hide the crap fitting front bumper. Not a fan of Dakar on the E46 but it may be a good restoration project for someone if the greedy seller was asking 10k instead of starting bid of 20 which is a total joke.
                                2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
                                2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
                                2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X